Subject: CFP: Fifth International Web Caching and Content Delivery Workshop

From: Duane Wessels <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 13:10:10 -0700

Fifth International Web Caching and Content Delivery Workshop
                 Lisbon, 22-24 May 2000

                     Call for Papers
        Deadline for Submission - 20 February 2000

For the past four years, the Web Caching Workshop has been the major
research-oriented conference that brings together academic researchers,
industry practitioners and service providers who are interested in Web
caching and Web performance. This year, we broaden the topic of the
workshop to look at the bigger problem of content delivery on the Web, of
which caching is just one mecahnism. The 5th International Web Caching and
Content Delivery Workshop solicits papers on the following topics: 

- Content Distribution Protocols and Architectures; 
- End-to-end Performance Evaluation of Caching and Replication; 
- Caching and Delivery of Streaming Media Content;
- Consistency Algorithms and Mechanisms for Replicated Contents; 
- Load Balancing and Workload Partitioning;
- Router and Switch Support for Content Delivery and Caching;
- Trace Analysis of Web Traffic;

as well as general issues that are related to Web and Internet performance.  

The 5th International Web Caching and Content Delivery Workshop is
organised by TERENA, the Trans-European Research and Education Networking
Association, and hosted by FCCN, the National Foundation for Scientific
Computing, which is responsible for the Portuguese national research and
education network RCCN. 

Paper Submission
----------------

The official language of the workshop is English and all papers must be
submitted in English. Full papers (maximum 10 pages single-spaced) should
be submitted to TERENA by 20 February 2000 following the instruction given
in the Call for Paper:

http://www.terena.nl/conf/wcw/cfp.html

All accepted papers will be presented at the workshop (in 30 minute slots).
Camera-ready papers will be printed and distributed to the attendees at 
the workshop. After the workshop all presented papers will be made available
on the TERENA Web server.

The workshop will provide facilities for demonstrations and BOF meetings
for participants to discuss latest results.

Important Dates

- 20 February 2000: Full papers due
- 20 March 2000: Notification of acceptance to authors
- 1 May 2000: Full camera-ready papers due
- 22-24 May 2000: 5th International Web Caching and Content Delivery
  Workshop 

Contacts
-----l---

Programme Committee Co-Chairmen:
   Pei Cao (University of Wisconsin)
   Peter Danzig (AKAMAI)

Workshop Officer:
   Valentino Cavalli

General Information
-------------------

For further information, please contact: 

WCW5 Secretariat
c/o TERENA
Singel 468 D
1017 AW Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Tel: +31 20 530 4488
Fax: +31 20 530 4499
E-mail: [email-masked]