Subject: Re: draft-ietf-wrec-taxonomy-03a.txt

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:45:55 -0800 (PST)

> From [email-masked]  Tue Nov 23 07:04:25 1999
> Delivery-Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:04:25 -0800
> Return-Path: [email-masked]
> From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
...
> which leaves us with configuration-free for clients.
> 
> :: No configuration - there are cases where an NTP is deployed to
> :: avoid rewriting code at the proxy or client, but not to avoid
> :: configuration.
> 
> client, I concur.. but proxy? At a minimum an origin server style
> request needs to be translated into a proxy style request..

It is conceivable (and arguably just as useful) that we don't want to
configure proxies. In which case the translation need not occur.
The proxy can ask on its own behalf, and forward the response in total.
 
Joe