Subject: Re: Reminder (WREC Taxonomy draft)

From: Ian Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:04:13 +0000

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:42:49 +0100, MOKHTAR Ahmed CNET/DSM/REN wrote:

>Hi
>As I mentioned before about WCCP, it stands for Web Caching Control
>Protocol.

As I mentioned to you after the meeting, there is a slight source of
"confusion" about this.

I've just looked at draft-ietf-wrec-web-pro-00.txt again (which
expires relatively shortly!!) and it definitely has the title "Web
Cache Coordination Protocol V1.0".  I've gone by the title in the
draft, although I'm aware that all the Cisco literature I can see says
"control".  Would someone from Cisco (Dave?) comment please?  

>Second, If you are the first editor, you 'must' put your name as the first
>name in the list of editor, the reason is some of other coauthers don't even
>know what is written in the draft. 

:)

(but I don't particularly agree with your latter point)

>
>Ahmed
>
>> ----------
>> De : 	Ian Cooper[SMTP:[email-masked]]
>> Date :	lundi 15 novembre 1999 20:37
>> A :	[email-masked]
>> Objet :	Reminder (WREC Taxonomy draft)
>> 
>> A notification for those who weren't there, and a reminder for those
>> who were:
>> 
>> As mentioned in the WREC WG meeting on Thursday, we are looking for
>> comments and pointers to typ0s, speeling mistakes and, grammatical
>> errors in the taxonomy document.  All corrections etc. to the
>> editors/list by **Thursday 25 November** please.
>> 
>> 
>> Ian
>>

---

From: MOKHTAR Ahmed CNET/DSM/REN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:42:49 +0100

Hi

Ahmed

---

From: David Forster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:04:44 +0000

Well, I'm not sure it matters awfully (everyone refers to it as WCCP anyway), but since people are concerned the "correct" title is probably as per Cisco literature (i.e. Control). I'll change the title of the I-D when it next comes up for renewal. 

Dave