Subject: Adelaide social get-together "minutes"

From: Ian Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:30:04 +0100

Gary Tomlinson, Ivan Lovric, Oskar Batuner, Joe Touch and I (and
apologies to the other 3 guys that were there on the Monday for not
getting your names) got together while we were in Adelaide to try and
work out what the group is doing, where we can go next, and how to get
there.

It looks as though the Taxonomy is pretty much done.  While there may
be issues regarding Content Distribution Networks that may not be
covered, we felt that it is better to progress the Taxonomy at this
point.  Ivan has a document with issues related to CDN terminology
that he will translate and post.

The Known Problems document should be extended.  As Gary has already
noted, many of the issues regarding interception proxies could be
included in this draft.  Our thinking was to include problems that
need to be solved somehow, which would then give the group some future
direction.  I.e., identify the architectural issues that need to be
solved, and then move on to discuss the architecture.  It would be
very useful if we could get moving on this so that we have something
of value to discuss in Pittsburgh.

The draft suggests mailing details of problems to John Dilley,
although as current-keeper-of-the-XML-source it would make some sense
to copy them to me too.  Since John's move, we've lost access to the
URL previously included for the "current" copies.  Rather than
continually re-issuing the draft at this stage, I'll contact
webmaster@wrec to see about getting regular copies posted there
instead.

It may also be appropriate to change the name of the draft.  Does
"Known HTTP Proxy/Caching Problems" cover everything we need to be
thinking about?

Any immediate protocol related stuff that we need to do for business
should be handled outside WREC at this time.  There are already a
variety of groups and other mailing lists set up for some of these
things.