Subject: Workshop on Electronic Commerce

From: Johnny Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:01:08 -0400

Please accept my apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.

Johnny Wong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                             Call for Participation

Third International Workshop on Technological Challenges of Electronic
Commerce

                             University of Waterloo
                           Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
                                June 28-29, 2000

                                  Sponsored by
                         IBM Centre for Advanced Studies
               Bell University Labs at the University of Waterloo
    Institute for Global Electronic Commerce, U. of Maryland Baltimore County

                     http://cas.ibm.com/EC2000/ec-2000.html

The rapid development of the Internet is changing the way commerce is
conducted, and is leading to economic globalization. Electronic commerce is
becoming a major channel for conducting business, with increasing number of
organizations developing, deploying and installing electronic commerce
products, applications and solutions.

The goal of this workshop is to share and disseminate information about
important current research and development issues concerning electronic
commerce, by bringing together leading researchers and developers in this
area. We will provide an opportunity to review the state of the art in the
enabling technologies for electronic commerce, as well as create a forum
for academia, government and industry to identify future technological
challenges.

The workshop will feature invited speakers, presentations, and discussions.
The technical program will also include tutorial and breakout sessions.
Tutorial on wireless e-commerce, computing finance, and IP security are
tentatively scheduled. The breakout sessions will focus on EC architectures
and solutions, security and privacy, legal and policy issues, EC from the
user's perspective, user interface and intelligent agents, and EC
education. The program will conclude with a wrap-up plenary.

Technical program:         http://cas.ibm.com/EC2000/tech_prog.html
Registration information:  http://cas.ibm.com/EC2000/registration.html
Hotel information:         http://cas.ibm.com/EC2000/hotel.html

Honorary Chairs                           For further information, contact
Johnny Wong, U. of Waterloo               Weidong Kou
Gabby Silberman, IBM CAS                  IBM Centre for Advanced Studies
Haig Baronikian, Bell Canada              1150 Eglinton Avenue East
Shlomo Carmi, UMBC                        Toronto, ON, Canada, M3C 1H7
                                          Phone: +1 (416) 448 2614
General Co-Chairs                         email: [email-masked]
Weidong Kou, IBM CAS
Yelena Yesha, UMBC

Local Arrangements Chair
Jean Webster, U. of Waterloo

--------
J. W. Wong
Professor, Computer Science
Director, Institute for Computer Research
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1

Phone: 519-888-4431  fax: 519-885-1208