Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-wrec-taxonomy-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 06:46:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Replication and Caching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Web Replication and Caching Taxonomy
	Author(s)	: I. Cooper, I. Melve, G. Tomlinson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-wrec-taxonomy-04.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 23-Jun-00
	
This memo specifies standard terminology and the current taxonomy of
web replication and caching infrastructure deployed today. It
introduces standard concepts and protocols used today within this
application domain. Currently deployed solutions employing these
technologies are presented to establish a standard taxonomy. Known
problems with caching proxies are covered in an accompanying
document[23], and are not part of this document. This document
presents open protocols and points to published material for each
   protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-wrec-taxonomy-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-wrec-taxonomy-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-wrec-taxonomy-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.