Subject: Workshop on Caching, Coherence, and Consistency (WC3 '01)

From: WC3 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 09:51:53 -0400 (EDT)

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
Please distribute it to people who might be interested.  Thanks.

  ********* DEADLINES EXTENDED!! ********* DEADLINES EXTENDED!! ********* 

============================================================================

			   CALL FOR PAPERS

          Workshop on Caching, Coherence and Consistency (WC3 '01)

                         Sorrento, Italy, June 17, 2001

                     to be held in conjunction with the
       2001 ACM International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS '01)

		      URL: http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~wc3/
			   email: [email-masked]
			
Overview		

The workshop focuses on three remarkably persistent topics in computer
systems research: caching, coherence and consistency. For a long time
these topics were associated with parallel and distributed systems
only. More recently, caching, coherence and consistency issues are
being revisited in the context of mobile computing and the world-wide
web. Our goal with this workshop is to provide a forum for researchers
from all of these communities to present and exchange ideas on these
three topics. Thus, we intend this workshop to cover a range of
domains, from more traditional ones such as hardware and software
cache coherence schemes and multiprocessor memory consistency models,
to coherence and consistency issues in file systems and mobile data,
to content caching and consistency issues in replicated data and
services on the web. This workshop can be seen as a continuation of
the WSDSM workshops that were held in conjunction with the last two
ICS conferences but with an extended scope and addressing a
significantly broader audience.

Scope

We solicit abstracts of original research including, but not limited
to, the following areas:

   * Caching in uniprocessors
   * Caching, coherence and consistency in shared-memory multiprocessors
   * Software coherence and consistency
   * Caching, coherence and consistency issues in file systems
   * Caching, coherence and consistency issues in clusters
   * Mobile data coherence and consistency
   * Client, proxy and server-side caches of web content
   * Data and service replication on the web
   * Coherence and consistency over wide-area networks

Submissions

Authors are invited to submit 5-page extended abstracts that
demonstrate original and unpublished research in the areas of data
caching, coherence, and consistency.  Abstracts should be emailed to
[email-masked] in postscript or pdf format.  Accepted papers can
be up to 10 pages long and will be published by the workshop.  One of
the authors will be required to attend the workshop and present the
work.

Important Dates

May  08, 2001: Extended abstracts due.         ** extended **
May  22, 2001: Notification sent to authors.   ** extended **
June 08, 2001: Camera-ready papers due.        ** extended **

Program Committee

Ricardo Bianchini       Rutgers University (co-chair)
Mark Crovella           Boston University
Fred Douglis            AT&T
Babak Falsafi           Carnegie Mellon University
Mark Heinrich           Cornell University
Liviu Iftode            Rutgers University (co-chair)
Pete Keleher            University of Maryland
Bruce Maggs             Carnegie Mellon University
Christine Morin         IRISA, France
Amin Vahdat             Duke University

Workshop Organizers

Ricardo Bianchini and Liviu Iftode
Department of Computer Science
Rutgers University
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8019
E-mail: {ricardob,[email-masked]