Subject: Final call for participation: SIGCOMM 2001

From: Erich Nahum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:27:02 -0400 (EDT)

Note electronic registration closes August 17th (this Friday)!
After this date only on-site registration will be available.

                        Call for Participation
                     ACM SIGCOMM 2001 Conference

                     August 27 - August 31, 2001
              University of California, San Diego, CA USA
                 http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2001

ACM SIGCOMM 2001 is the annual conference of the Special Interest
Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM), a single-track, highly
selective conference with a technical program of 23 papers, tutorials
by noted instructors on the two days prior, and a panel discussion.

Registration details are available at the SIGCOMM website above.

Tutorials

SIGCOMM 2001 begins with two days of full- and half-day tutorials covering 
single topics in detail at both the introductory and advanced level.  
Space is still available.  Tutorials offered this year are:

 - Wireless Data
     Phil Karn, Qualcomm, Inc.
 - Traffic Measurement for IP Operations
     Matt Grossglauser and Jennifer Rexford, AT&T
 - Interdomain Routing and BGP
     Timothy G. Griffin, AT&T
 - Equilibrium and Dynamics of TCP
     Prof. Steven H. Low, California Inst. of Technology
 - Algorithms for Networks: Some Techniques for Design and Analysis
     Ashish Goel, University of Southern California
     Nick McKeown and Balaji Prabhakar, Stanford University

SIGCOMM Award

The SIGCOMM Award is given annually to a person whose career and
technical achievements demonstrate a long-term commitment to the field
of data communications. ACM SIGCOMM is pleased to announce that the 2001
SIGCOMM Award is being given to Van Jacobson of Packet Design, Inc.
Van Jacobson will receive the award and give the conference keynote
address in the opening session on Wednesday.

Support from Cisco, IBM, Deloitte and Touche, PMC-Sierra, Marconi,
Procket Networks, Agilent Technologies, Microsoft Research, and
USC/ISI is gratefully acknowledged.