Subject: conference announcement: Second Workshop on Caching, Coherence, and Consistency (WC3 '02)

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:06:03 -0500

[ moderator's note: I don't normally accept conference announcements, but  ]
[ this one is brief and actually on topic for this list.  for details, see ]
[ the web page referenced herein. ]

        Second Workshop on Caching, Coherence, and Consistency (WC3 '02)
                         June 22, 2002
                        New York, NY, USA
                  http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~wc3

Motivation

The workshop aims to bring together researchers from various areas of
computer science whose work is related to data caching, coherence, and
consistency.

Important Dates

May   1,  2002: Extended abstracts due.
May   20, 2002: Notification sent to authors.
June  10, 2002: Camera-ready papers due.

Workshop Organizers

Ricardo Bianchini ([email-masked]) and
Liviu Iftode ([email-masked])

Contact

Please, send any questions or comments about the workshop to
[email-masked].

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:09:17 -0800

>                   http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~wc3

Can someone comment on how this differs from or adds to the WCW (web 
caching workshop), i.e., http://www.iwcw.org/

Joe

---

From: "Jens-S. Voeckler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:28:05 -0600 (CST)

> caching workshop), i.e., http://www.iwcw.org/

WCW appears to be web-centric, including content distribution, or at least
document-centric. I attended a few of those...

The workshop above appears to be of more general and broader interest, not
limited to web related technologies, e.g. there are caches in CPUs, HDDs.
I believe that Globus[tm] components like its RLS fit better the above
workshop than the WCW.

Ciao,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler ([email-masked])
University of Chicago; Computer Science Department; Ryerson 155;
1100 East 58th Street; Chicago, IL 60637-1581; USA; +1 773 834 9170