Subject: WWW2003 Call for Papers

From: Craig Wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:32:17 -0400

WWW2003 CALL FOR PAPERS
       The Twelfth International World Wide Web Conference

	      May 20-24, 2003, Budapest, Hungary
	              http://www2003.org/

	 Paper submission deadline: November 15, 2002

The International World Wide Web Conference Committee (IW3C2) and the
Computer and Automation Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of
Sciences (MTA SZTAKI) cordially invite you to participate in the
Twelfth International World Wide Web Conference on May 20-24, 2003, in
Budapest, Hungary.

International researchers, technologists, and leaders from academia,
industry, and government will gather at WWW2003 to define, refine,
present, demonstrate, and discuss the latest ideas and developments.

The technical program will include refereed paper presentations,
alternate track presentations (see below), plenary sessions, panels,
and poster sessions. Tutorials and workshops will precede the main
program, and a Developers Day will follow, which will be devoted to
in-depth technical sessions designed specifically for web developers.

Hungary is situated at the heart of Europe, and has the fastest
growing economy in the region, especially with respect to information
technology and telecommunication. Budapest is one of the most
beautiful capitals of the world, and is easy to reach by air or on
ground. The warm hospitality of the people, excellent food, reliable
and frequent public transportation, vivid cultural life, and rich
museums attract millions of visitors every year. Hungary has a
visitor-friendly visa policy, economically priced services and goods,
and a pleasant climate, making it one of the most popular meeting
venues worldwide.

IMPORTANT DATES

*** Paper submission deadline: November 15, 2002 ***
Author notification (papers): January 31, 2003
Final papers due: February 28, 2003

Poster submission deadline: January 15, 2003
Author notification (posters): February 28, 2003

Tutorial/workshop proposals deadline: October 15, 2002
Panel proposals deadline: November 15, 2002
Industrial track deadline: March 15, 2003
Developers Day deadline: March 15, 2003

Conference: May 20-24, 2003

REFEREED PAPERS TRACK

WWW2003 seeks original papers describing research in all areas of the
web. Papers should not have been published or be in submission at
another conference or journal. Topics include but are not limited to:

* Applications
* Browsers and User Interfaces
* Electronic Commerce
* Hypermedia
* Mobility and Wireless Access
* Multimedia
* Performance and Reliability
* Search and Data Mining
* Security and Privacy 
* Semantic Web
* Web Engineering [New for WWW2003]

Submissions should present original reports of substantive new
work. Papers should properly place the work within the field, cite
related work, and clearly indicate the innovative aspects of the work
and its contribution to the field. Papers will be peer-reviewed by at
least 3 reviewers from an International Program Committee. Accepted
papers will appear in the conference proceedings published by the
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), and will also be accessible
to the general public via http://www2003.org/. Authors are not
required to transfer copyright. Papers must be submitted
electronically in PDF format, and must be formatted using the ACM
proceedings format. Detailed formatting requirements will be available
on http://www2003.org/. The official language of the conference is
English. Inquiries can be sent to [email-masked].

ALTERNATE TRACKS

Alternate tracks include a combination of peer-reviewed papers and
invited presentations. Formatting and publication details will be
available on http://www2003.org/.

* Education
* Global Community
* Industrial Track
* Practice & Experience
* Web Services [New for WWW2003]
* W3C Track (latest news and views from the World Wide Web Consortium)
* Panels

Inquiries can be sent to [email-masked].

PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS

Yih-Farn Robin Chen, AT&T Labs - Research, [email-masked]
L=E1szl=F3 Kov=E1cs, MTA SZTAKI, [email-masked]
Steve Lawrence, NEC Research Institute, [email-masked]

POSTERS

Posters provide a forum for late-breaking research, and facilitate
feedback in an informal setting. Posters are peer-reviewed. Formatting
and publication details will be available on http://www2003.org/.

The poster area provides an opportunity for researchers and
practitioners to present and demonstrate their recent web-related
research, and to obtain feedback from their peers in an informal
setting. It gives conference attendees a way to learn about innovative
works in progress in a timely and informal manner. Inquiries can be sent
to [email-masked].

TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS

A program of tutorials will cover topics of current interest to web
design, development, services, operation, use, and evaluation. These
half and full-day sessions will be led by internationally recognized
experts and experienced instructors using prepared content.

Workshops provide an opportunity for researchers, designers, leaders,
and practitioners to explore current web R&D issues through a more
focused and in-depth manner than is possible in a traditional
conference session. Participants typically present position statements
and hold in-depth discussions with their peers within the workshop
setting.

Inquiries about the WWW2003 tutorials and workshops can be sent to
[email-masked].

DEVELOPERS DAY

Developers Day (D-Day) will be devoted to the interests of web
developers, and will offer in-depth discussions of technologies and
tools at the forefront of the web. This day-long program will consist
of several parallel streams focused on specific content areas. D-Day
sessions are designed to be timely and state-of-the-art. Inquiries
about the WWW2003 Developers Day can be sent to [email-masked].

REFEREED TRACK AREA CHAIRS

Applications:=09
Vice Chair: Fred Douglis, IBM Research, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Maarten van Steen, VU Amsterdam, Netherlands

Browsers and UI:
Vice Chair: Marc Najork, Microsoft Research, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Juliana Freire, OGI/OHSU, USA

E-commerce:
Vice Chair: Michael Wellman, University of Michigan, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: John Riedl, University of Minnesota, USA

Hypermedia:
Vice Chair: m.c. schraefel, University of Toronto, Canada
Deputy Vice Chair: Peter N=FCrnberg, Aalborg University Esbjerg, Denmark

Mobility and Wireless Access:
Vice Chair: Minoru Etoh, NTT DoCoMo, Japan
Deputy Vice Chair: Sarolta Dibuz, Ericsson, Hungary

Multimedia:
Vice Chair: James Wang, Penn State University, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Eric Chang, Microsoft Research, China

Performance and Reliability:
Vice Chair: Craig E. Wills, WPI, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Mike Dahlin, UT Austin, USA

Search and Data Mining:
Vice Chair: Soumen Chakrabarti, Indian Institute of Technology, India
Deputy Vice Chair: Prabhakar Raghavan, Verity, USA

Security and Privacy:
Vice Chair: Avi Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft, USA

Semantic Web:
Vice Chair: Ian Horrocks, University of Manchester, UK
Deputy Vice Chair: Brian McBride, HP, Bristol, UK

Web Engineering:
Vice Chair: Martin Gaedke, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Deputy Vice Chair: Daniel Schwabe, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de=
 Janeiro, Brazil

ALTERNATE TRACK CHAIRS

Education:
Co-Chair: Paul De Bra, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
Co-Chair: Wolfgang Nejdl, University of Hannover, Germany

Global Communities:
Co-Chair: David De Roure, University of Southampton, UK
Co-Chair: Liddy Nevile, University of Melbourne, Australia

Industrial Track:
Chair: Mario Jeckle, DaimlerChrysler, Germany
Deputy Chair: Mary Ellen Zurko, IBM Software Group

Practice & Experience:
Chair: Arun Iyengar, IBM Research, USA
Deputy Chair: Krishna Kant, Intel

Web Services:
Chair: Steve Vinoski, IONA Technologies, USA
Deputy Chair: Francisco (Paco) Curbera, IBM Research, USA

W3C:
Chair: Marie-Claire Forgue, France

Panels:
Chair: Carole Goble, University of Manchester, UK
Deputy Chair: Bernard Horan, Sun Microsystems Ltd, UK

TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS CO-CHAIRS

Michael Bieber, New Jersey Institute of Technology, [email-masked]
Beatrix Toth, MTA SZTAKI, [email-masked]

POSTER CO-CHAIRS

Irwin King, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, [email-masked]
Tamas Maray, Technical University of Budapest, Hungary, [email-masked]

DEVELOPERS DAY CO-CHAIRS

Ivan Herman, W3C, [email-masked]
J=E1nos Sz=E9l, M=C1V Informatics, [email-masked]

CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS

Gusztav Hencsey, MTA SZTAKI, [email-masked]
Bebo White, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, [email-masked]

IW3C2 LIAISON TO WWW2003

Ivan Herman, W3C, [email-masked]

IW3C2 LIAISON TO THE PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Arun Iyengar, IBM Research, USA, [email-masked]

CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS

International World Wide Web Conference Committee (IW3C2), http://www.iw3c2=
.org/

Computer and Automation Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of
Sciences (MTA SZTAKI), http://www.sztaki.hu/

CONFERENCE PARTNER

International Federation for Information Processing Working Group 6.4
on Internet Applications Engineering (IFIP WG 6.4)

General questions about WWW2003 may be sent to [email-masked]