Subject: [XCON] "Many users in a single operation" Requirements

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:14:33 -0800

Hi guys!
 
There are many places throughout the CPCP-req document that identify
operations on a "subset of list" as MUST be performed in a single
operation (e.g. G4, G6, H2, and H4).
How do you plan to meet these requirements with "XCAP CPCP"?
 
The same question for REQ-CP-3: It MAY be possible for the client to
batch multiple operations (such as add a user to ACL blocked list, or
remove a user from ACL allowed list) into a single request that is
processed atomically.
 
Thanks,
Orit.

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:17:39 +0200

Here is an example of how to add multiple users to an ACL list in a single operation:

      PUT http://xcap.example.com/services/conferences/users/Alice/conference.xml?
         Conference/ACL/ACL-target-URI HTTP/1.1
         Content-Type:text/plain

      <ACL-target-URI Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
      <ACL-target-URI Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
      <ACL-target-URI Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>

The rest are done in a similar fashion.

/Hisham
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of ext
> Orit Levin
> Sent: 10.February.2004 03:15
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [XCON] "Many users in a single operation" Requirements
> 
> 
> Hi guys!
>

---

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:12:07 -0800

Where is this "XCAP extension" defined in the XCAP documents?!

Besides, you can't do in the same way REQ-CP-3: It MAY be possible for
the client to batch multiple operations (such as add a user to ACL
blocked list, or remove a user from ACL allowed list) into a single
request that is processed atomically.

Thanks,
Orit.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 12:18 AM
To: Orit Levin; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [XCON] "Many users in a single operation" Requirements

Here is an example of how to add multiple users to an ACL list in a
single operation:

      PUT
http://xcap.example.com/services/conferences/users/Alice/conference.xml?
         Conference/ACL/ACL-target-URI HTTP/1.1
         Content-Type:text/plain

      <ACL-target-URI
Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
      <ACL-target-URI
Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
      <ACL-target-URI
Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>

/Hisham

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:33:17 +0200

> From: ext Orit Levin [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 12.February.2004 18:12
> To: Khartabil Hisham (Nokia-TP-MSW/Helsinki); [email-masked]
> Cc: Jonathan Rosenberg

Removing someone from the ACL allowed list here I believe means adding them to the blocked list as follows (Perhaps the comment between the brackets needs clarification):

PUT http://xcap.example.com/services/conferences/users/Alice/conference.xml?Conference HTTP/1.1
Content-Type:text/plain

<ACL>
   <ACL-target-URI Access-type="Blocked">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
   <ACL-target-URI Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
   <ACL-target-URI Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
</ACL>

---

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:12:19 -0800

I didn't understand the answers.
It seems to me that it is easier to remove the requirements rather than
trying to implement them with XCAP.

:-)
Orit.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 8:33 AM
To: Orit Levin; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [XCON] "Many users in a single operation" Requirements

> request that is processed atomically.

Removing someone from the ACL allowed list here I believe means adding
them to the blocked list as follows (Perhaps the comment between the
brackets needs clarification):

PUT
http://xcap.example.com/services/conferences/users/Alice/conference.xml?
Conference HTTP/1.1 Content-Type:text/plain

<ACL>
   <ACL-target-URI
Access-type="Blocked">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
   <ACL-target-URI
Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
   <ACL-target-URI
Access-type="Allowed">sip:[email-masked]</ACL-target-URI>
</ACL>