Subject: [XCON] FW: SIP Control Framework and IVR Package

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:09:53 -0000

For anyone who is interested see mail that follows.

Chris.

p.s. For those who want to subscribe to the media control mailing list -
instructions below:-

Instructions:-

-          generate a mail to [email-masked]

-          place text 'subscribe mediactrl' in the body of the message
(plain text)

-          Follow remaining on-screen instructions to confirm list
subscription

All subsequent mails need to be sent to
[email-masked]

I have also set up an archive, which can be found at:-

http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/archives/

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Boulton 
Sent: 23 December 2005 11:06
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'McGlashan, Scott'; Tim Melanchuk; Asher Shiratzky; Eric Burger;
[email-masked]'; 'Dolly, Martin C, ALABS'
Subject: SIP Control Framework and IVR Package

Hi All,

A small group has just submitted two new drafts and would like expert
opinion/review from the 'Mediactrl' mailing list.  The following
provides a brief introduction to the technology contained within the two
specifications:-

- A Control Framework for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

Abstract

This document describes a Framework and protocol for application
deployment where the application logic and processing are distributed.
The framework uses the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to establish an
application-level control mechanism between Application Servers and
tightly associated external Servers e.g.Media Server.

The motivation for the creation of this Framework is to provide an
interface suitable to meet the requirements of a distributed,
centralized conference system, as defined by the XCON work group of the
IETF.  It is not, however, limited to this scope and it is envisioned
that this generic Framework will be used for a wide variety of
de-coupled control architectures between network entities.

- An Interactive Voice (IVR) Control Package for the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP)

Abstract

This document defines a Session Initiation (SIP) Control Package for
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) interaction.  The control of Media
Servers and their related resources in decomposed network architectures
plays an important role in various Next Generation Networks.  This
Control Package aims to fulfill IVR requirements using the SIP Control
Framework [7].

Until the drafts appear in the archives, they will be available from the
following links:-

http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework
-00.txt

http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework
-00.html

and

http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-0
0.txt

http://www.ubiquitysoftware.com/ietf/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-0
0.html

More packages to follow in the New Year to expand and provide proof
points for the Control Framework as well as strengthening the Media
Server Control proposal (e.g. package for Conference support).

Mr Burger, the authors would be grateful if you could include these
drafts on the Media Control web pages and remove Media Server Request
Protocol. 

Seasons Greetings to all,

The Authors.

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon