Subject: RE: [XCON] Inheritance proposal

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:19:11 -0600

I agree it might be useful to include an example in OO annotation of a
how a template could be realized in this model (I'm assuming you're not
asking for an overall change in approach to the framework document
itself). Although, I think if we can agree the way forward on the
issues, that would be more of an icing on the cake thing than a
necessity.  We can certainly add a placeholder in the document if others
think that would be useful. 

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Henning Schulzrinne
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 8:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] Inheritance proposal

(Your spam filter will probably block this since these proposals usually

come from certain African countries.)

I would find the discussion more intelligible and maybe avoid talking 
past each other if the document authors or others could construct an 
example in their object-oriented language of choice, anything from Java 
to C# to PHP5, illustrating the concept. If we can't model this in one 
of the standard OO languages, implementation is likely to be difficult 
and conceptually confusing. If we need concepts that are not in 
mainstream OO languages, we are probably overshooting our target
complexity.

Henning

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:11:22 -0500 (EST)

I don't think I'm asking for a change in the document, just to make sure
that the terminology and approach does not contradict or differ subtly
from common OO conventions and terminology. Unfortunately, currently I'm
not so sure about that.