Subject: [XCON] 500 Conference Server full response - is this response code in use

From: "Avasarala Ranjit-A20990" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 02:00:45 +0800

Hi

The earlier draft on SIP conferencing models
draft-rosenberg-sip-conferencing-models-01.txt, defines a 5xx response:
500 conference server full response to indicate that the conference
server has reached its maximum capacity of users.

But I do not see this response in subsequent versions of draft / RFC. So
which is the response code that is currently used to indicate this
scenario? Or is it not required at all.

Thanks

Regards
Ranjit

-

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Oscar Novo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:30:50 +0100

Hi Ranjit,

The draft-rosenberg-sip-conferencing-models-01.txt evolved to the
SIPPING framework (RFC 4353). I don't think this concrete scenario is
described in any draft/RFC but maybe you could use the reason header
field to indicate that the conference is full (RFC 3326).

Cheers,

Oscar 

-----Original Message-----
From: Avasarala Ranjit-A20990 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 19. lokakuuta 2007 21:01
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] 500 Conference Server full response - is this response
codein use

Hi

Thanks

Regards
Ranjit

-

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:18:31 -0400

Seems like there are two issues here:
- what response code to return
- how to indicate unambiguously that the reason is because
   the focus has reached its limit of participants

For the response code, why wouldn't 486 (Busy) be appropriate?

If that doesn't indicate the situation with sufficient clarity then I 
suppose a Reason header could clarify.

	Thanks,
	Paul