Subject: [XCON] FW: I-D Action:draft-boulton-xcon-session-chat-00.txt

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:55:14 -0600

Hi all,

Just a note that this document replaces
draft-boulton-xcon-msrp-conferencing-05.  The updates include a new
section to address some of the additional capabilities as identified in
draft-roach-xcon-chatroom-analysis-00, as well as updating to reflect
the current status of the SIMPLE WG chat document. It is still lacking
in detail in terms of protocol details, but we'd prefer to get feedback
on the general approach and to await further WG agreement on the way
forward for a detailed protocol before adding a lot more detail.

Thanks,
Mary and Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 9:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-boulton-xcon-session-chat-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Instant Messaging Sessions within a
Centralized Conferencing (XCON) System
	Author(s)       : C. Boulton, M. Barnes
	Filename        : draft-boulton-xcon-session-chat-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2007-10-29

The document "A Framework for Centralized Conferencing" defines a
centralized conference as both signaling and protocol agnostic.  The
primary examples within this framework focus on audio and video as the
media types for the session.  This document describes the mechanisms, in
the context of this centralized conferencing framework, when using
instant messaging sessions as the media.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-xcon-session-chat-00.t
xt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-boulton-xcon-session-chat-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-boulton-xcon-session-chat-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon