Subject: [XCON] I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Conference Information Data Model for Centralized Conferencing (XCON)
	Author(s)       : O. Novo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2007-11-19

This document defines an Extensible Markup Language (XML)-based
conference information data model for centralized conferencing
(XCON).  A conference information data model is designed to convey
information about the conference and about participation in the
conference.  The conference information data model defined in this
document constitutes an extension of the data format specified in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference State.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Oscar Novo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:23:52 +0100

Hi folks,

First of all, I want to thanks all the reviewers to review (again) the
data model and to all your feedback. Thanks to Ben, Srivatsa, Miguel,
Mary, and Avshalom. You have done a good job!

In this new version we try mainly to fix the problems the reviews have
found in the data model, as well as, we have added the 'chatroom'
comments
(http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/xcon/current/msg02062.html)
proposed in the mailing list.

To sum up:

- Fixed the IANA considerations (Ben's feedback)
- Fixed the "XML Schema Extensibility" text (Srivatsa feedback)
- Removed totally the roles the Schema (Mary and Miguel's feedback)
- Created a new subsection in the XCON URI section to define this URI
(Miguel's feedback)
- Defined the <gain> element with the limits (-127...+127) using the
'minInclusive', 'maxInclusive' from RelaxNG. (Miguel's feedback)
- Fixed some remain nits. (all reviewers feedback)
- Addition of a new element 'conference password' in the <conf-uris>
(Chatroom Consensus)
- Modification of the <provide-anonymity> element with the values
"private" and "semi-private" instead of Boolean. (Chatroom Consensus)
- Addition of a <denied-users-list> element (Chatroom Consensus)
- Addition of <target> element and the child element <email> under
<allowed-users-list> (Chatroom Consensus)
- Addition of the <language> element under <conference-description>
(Chatroom Consensus)

Miguel, some of your comments from your last (re)review I have already
answered to them some time ago. Check the next link:
 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/xcon/current/msg02046.html

Please, Note that, even though, the roles are completely removed from
the data model, still some reviewers think it's important to keep some
role information in the data model. We could try to discuss this issue
in the face to face meeting in few weeks. 

You can fetch the last version of the draft in:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07
.txt

As you know, your feedback is welcome!

Cheers,

Oscar

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 19. marraskuuta 2007 15:40
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title           : Conference Information Data Model for
Centralized Conferencing (XCON)
	Author(s)       : O. Novo, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2007-11-19

This document defines an Extensible Markup Language (XML)-based
conference information data model for centralized conferencing (XCON).
A conference information data model is designed to convey information
about the conference and about participation in the conference.  The
conference information data model defined in this document constitutes
an extension of the data format specified in the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference State.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07
.txt

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-07.txt".

	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers