Subject: [XCON] Call for Consensus: Event Package Document

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:56:14 -0600

[as chair]

As I mentioned two weeks ago, the chairs are now calling for consensus 
regarding whether to adopt draft-srinivasan-xcon-eventpkg-extensions-02 
as the basis for our charter item to update the conference event 
package. The current document is available at:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-srinivasan-xcon-eventpkg-extensions-02.txt

Please register agreement or disagreement with adopting the document as 
a working group item by responding to this email. If you have no opinion 
on the topic, please respond to this email with an active abstention so 
that the chairs can register the total number of people who have 
considered the motion, even those who choose not to voice an opinion.

Thanks.

/a

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:52:11 -0000

Agreed.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Roach [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 12 November 2007 22:56
To: XCON-IETF
Cc: alan Johnston
Subject: [XCON] Call for Consensus: Event Package Document

[as chair]

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-srinivasan-xcon-eventpkg-extensions-02.tx
t

Thanks.

/a

---

From: "Oscar Novo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:52:19 +0100

Why don't we decide that in the Vancouver meeting? I think decide it by
e-mail it's not the right way to do things. At least, it won't be very
'anonymous' I would say. 

Oscar 

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Roach [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 13. marraskuuta 2007 0:56
To: XCON-IETF
Cc: alan Johnston
Subject: [XCON] Call for Consensus: Event Package Document

[as chair]

Thanks.

/a

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 08:17:16 -0600

[as chair]

The stated plan of action at the Chicago meeting was to call for 
consensus on the event package document _prior_ to the Vancouver 
meeting. This was an important part of the plan that the chairs worked 
out with the area director prior to the meeting as part of a negotiation 
to allow the working group to continue.

Anonymity has never been important to consensus (quite the opposite, in 
fact -- the ability to anonymously object to a course of action without 
being identified encourages obstructionism). Many working groups outside 
of the Transport/RAI areas call for consensus at face-to-face meetings 
with a show of hands, which is far from anonymous.

/a

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:22:02 +0200

Agree,

Roni Even

> Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 12:56 AM
> To: XCON-IETF
> Cc: alan Johnston

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:11:06 -0600

I've read the document and agree it's a good starting point for a WG
document.

Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Roach [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 4:56 PM
To: XCON-IETF
Cc: alan Johnston
Subject: [XCON] Call for Consensus: Event Package Document

[as chair]

Thanks.

/a

---

From: "Geir Arne Sandbakken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:57:41 +0100

I've read the document, and agree to adopt.

Geir Arne

> Sent: 12 November 2007 23:56
> To: XCON-IETF
> Cc: alan Johnston
> regarding whether to adopt
draft-srinivasan-xcon-eventpkg-extensions-02

---

From: "Oscar Novo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:41:36 +0100

That's fine for me. I've read the document and I agree to adopt it.

Oscar  

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Roach [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 13. marraskuuta 2007 16:17
To: Oscar Novo
Cc: XCON-IETF; alan Johnston
Subject: Re: [XCON] Call for Consensus: Event Package Document

[as chair]

/a

Oscar Novo wrote:
> Why don't we decide that in the Vancouver meeting? I think decide it 
> by e-mail it's not the right way to do things. At least, it won't be 
> very 'anonymous' I would say.
>
> Oscar
>

> Please register agreement or disagreement with adopting the document 
> as a working group item by responding to this email. If you have no 
> opinion on the topic, please respond to this email with an active 
> abstention so that the chairs can register the total number of people 
> who have considered the motion, even those who choose not to voice an
opinion.

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:31:07 -0600

[as chair]

Based on feedback collected on this mailing list, I am declaring the 
following document a working group item; it will form the basis for 
meeting our milestone to produce an updated event package for conferencing:

Thanks.

/a