Subject: Re: [XCON] Partial notifications for the XCON event package

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:36:37 -0600

On 1/30/08 10:59 AM, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
> the current event package draft has a whole section explaining why a 
> new MIME type is needed. The reason it gives is the presence of state 
> attributes in new elements. However, if we do not define new state 
> attributes by use xml patch operations instead, we could reuse the old 
> MIME type, as you suggest. Of course, we would need to define a new 
> one for partial notifications based on xml patch operations.
>
> Does anybody else have an opinion on this issue?

Sorry for the slow response on this topic -- the document landed in the 
right place, but I wanted to remind everyone that one of the key reasons 
we're using a new MIME type is because the apps-area MIME experts 
suggested that such a change is warranted due to our moving from Schema 
to Relax NG. If we decide to open the question again, we'll need to make 
sure the proper apps people are involved in the conversation.

/a
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:34:36 +0200

Hi Adam,

the current draft (00) defines such a new MIME type. So, we should be OK.

Cheers,

Gonzalo