Subject: Re: [XCON] WGLC: draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-10.txt

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:45:50 -0500

As a reminder: there are only two days left on this last call. No one 
has any comments remaining?

/a

On 4/30/08 10:27 AM, Adam Roach wrote:
> [as chair]
>
> The chairs would like to announce a two-week working group last call for 
> the XCON common data model, so that we can submit it to the IESG for 
> publication. I encourage all working group participants to give the 
> document one final read. In particular, please ensure that the document 
> contains the data elements necessary for any conferencing applications 
> you may be aware of.
>
> The most recent version of the document may be retrieved here:
>   
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-10.txt
>
> This last call period runs until Thursday, May 15th.
>
> /a
> _______________________________________________
> XCON mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon
>   

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:29:12 -0500

I have reviewed the diff of the -10 against the last version I reviewed
in detail (-08) and have just one general question,  a few comments and
one nit. Overall, I think the document is ready to progress.

Regards,
Mary.   

Question:
----------
I did have one general question as to whether this version incorporates
the additional media fields that were identified by the MEDIACTRL folks?

Comments:
---------

S4 and S5: While working on the details for the protocol, I realized we
need a couple more elements added to <conference-description> including
an element to reflect if this conference is a "parent" and/or a "child"
and the "parent" of a "child" conference and the "child"ren of the
"parent" conferences  and whether the "child" is "independent" from the
"parent".   I think we can do that by defining the following:  
- "parent" element that can hold the XCON-URI for the parent and a
boolean as to whether the child is "independent" of the parent. 
- "child" attribute that contains a set of XCON-URIs, one for each child
obviously. 

S4.1/p13, 3rd sentence. For some reason, it is no longer clear to me why
we wouldn't want "state" and "version" as part of the <conference-info>,
as XCON will also support notifications, if I understand this sentence
correctly:
   "Note that the
   <conference-info> element does not have the attributes 'state' and
   'version' defined in [RFC4575] for this element because these
   attributes only applies to notification mechanisms."
   (also note the NIT in that sentence below)

S.4.6.5/p24, 3rd sentence. Same point as above wrt "state". 

Nits:
-----

S4.1/p13, 3rd sentence: "applies" -> "apply" 
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon