Subject: [XCON] Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol

From: Adam Harbaugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:47:18 -0500

My question refers specifically to the implementation part of CCMP.  I was
wondering if all firmware on user agents would have to be updated before
this protocol can be used or is this still compatible with the current
version of SIP.  Also, what is new about this protocol?  I thought current
conferencing already had the ability to modify the enviroment?

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:42:45 -0500

A client that has not implemented CCMP (i.e., a SIP client that supports
the SIP Conferencing Framework (RFC 4353) and SIP conferencing UA
functionality (RFC 4579) ) can still participate in a conference that is
based on the XCON FW and that also supports clients that have
implemented CCMP.   This is discussed in section 10 of the XCON FW (RFC
5239):
 
   "User agents that only support [RFC4579] and do not
   support the Conferencing Control Protocol are still provided basic
   SIP conferencing, but cannot take advantage of any of the advanced
   features."
 
Mary. 

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Adam Harbaugh
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol

My question refers specifically to the implementation part of CCMP.  I
was wondering if all firmware on user agents would have to be updated
before this protocol can be used or is this still compatible with the
current version of SIP.  Also, what is new about this protocol?  I
thought current conferencing already had the ability to modify the
enviroment?