Subject: [XCON] (no subject)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:58:01 -0500 (CDT)

I have a question reguarding Conference Information Data Model for
Centralized Conferencing (XCON)draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-13.txt
Internet-Draft.  Section 8.2 talks a little bit about confidentiality.  Is
the intent of this section to allow (say any two) members of a certain
confererance to maintain a private discussion in which the other members
of the same conference would not be privy to?  If so would the
participants interested (or allowed) to join to prvate conversation be
required to reauthenticate, and renegotiate encryption?  Also if this
capability were implemented, would there be in upper limit to number of
private conversations allowed in the conferance, or a limited of the
amount of nesting (e.g. private converstaions within private conversations
with ...)that would be possible?

Thank you,
Johnathon Ney

---

From: "Oscar Novo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:33:18 +0200

Hello Johnathon,

I think you have the answers to your question in the document "A
Framework for Centralized Conferencing" (draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11).
I suggest you to read Section 9.6 "Whispering or Private Messages" and
section 11.1. "User Authentication and Authorization"
Actually, I recommend you to go through this document to get a better
understanding of the data model.

Cheers,

Oscar

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 27. huhtikuuta 2009 20:58
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] (no subject)

I have a question reguarding Conference Information Data Model for
Centralized Conferencing (XCON)draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-13.txt
Internet-Draft.  Section 8.2 talks a little bit about confidentiality.
Is the intent of this section to allow (say any two) members of a
certain confererance to maintain a private discussion in which the other
members of the same conference would not be privy to?  If so would the
participants interested (or allowed) to join to prvate conversation be
required to reauthenticate, and renegotiate encryption?  Also if this
capability were implemented, would there be in upper limit to number of
private conversations allowed in the conferance, or a limited of the
amount of nesting (e.g. private converstaions within private
conversations with ...)that would be possible?

Thank you,
Johnathon Ney

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon