Subject: [XCON] "Conference Information Data Model for Centralized Conferencing (XCON)"

From: ZIA GHIASSI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 00:00:57 -0700 (PDT)

I just wanted to make sure that I was reading "Figure 1" correctly since I'm not exactly sure how to read these diagrams.  This isn't the first time I've seen diagrams like these in internet drafts so some insight would be helpful..To begin, it seems as though the conferencing client has control over the 4 protocols: conference,floor, call signaling, and notification; each which do a different task.  These 4 protocols are then linked to their respective servers which relay the information to the conference object...From here is it saying that each conference object contains the conference information data model show beneath it?  If this is true then the conference object would contain informaion about its duration, times, host info, membership, ets...Please let me know If I'm reading this correctly..Thank you --Andrew Ghiassi

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:45:25 -0500

Yes, you are reading the diagram correctly. You might find it helpful to
read the XCON FW (RFC 5239) if you have not already as that gives more
background and description of the core functional elements, but youre
interpretation is correct
 
Regards,
Mary. 

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
ZIA GHIASSI
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 2:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] "Conference Information Data Model for
CentralizedConferencing (XCON)"

I just wanted to make sure that I was reading "Figure 1" correctly since
I'm not exactly sure how to read these diagrams.  This isn't the first
time I've seen diagrams like these in internet drafts so some insight
would be helpful..To begin, it seems as though the conferencing client
has control over the 4 protocols: conference,floor, call signaling, and
notification; each which do a different task.  These 4 protocols are
then linked to their respective servers which relay the information to
the conference object...From here is it saying that each conference
object contains the conference information data model show beneath it?
If this is true then the conference object would contain informaion
about its duration, times, host info, membership, ets...Please let me
know If I'm reading this correctly..Thank you --Andrew Ghiassi