Subject: [XCON] sidebarsByValRequest

From: "Duddy, Sean (Sean)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:06:25 -0000

Hi All,
	The sidebarsByValRequest returns a list of complete conference
objects. Should it return a list of info:uris-type 
to be consistent with the confsRequest CCMP operation?

Sean

---

From: "Duddy, Sean (Sean)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:48:17 -0000

Hi all,
	Some minor change to simplify the protocol:-
ccmp-confs-request-message-type - The confsRequest should be optional
i.e. it should have minOccurs=0
that way, if I don't have a filter, then I don't need to worry about
this element....

The same change should be applied for
ccmp-sidebarsByVal-request-message-type,
ccmp-sidebarsByRef-request-message-type &
ccmp-blueprints-request-message-type

Sean

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:28:45 +0100

Hi Sean,

you're right. We definitely need to modify these messages by adding a  
minOccurs=0.

Simon

Quoting "Duddy, Sean (Sean)" <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> XCON mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon
>

-- 
                             _\\|//_
                             ( O-O )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     Simon Pietro Romano
               Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                  Computer Science Department
         Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7684219
                 e-mail: [email-masked]

     <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli
    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                          oooO
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~ Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                           \ (    (   )
                            \_)    ) /
                                  (_/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:49:55 +0100

Hi Sean,

the sidebarsByValResponse contains the following element:

<xs:element name="sidebarsByValInfo"
      type="info:sidebars-by-val-type" minOccurs="0"/>

As you can see from RFC4575, sidebars-by-val-type is defined as follows:

<xs:complexType name="sidebars-by-val-type">
         <xs:sequence>
          <xs:element name="entry" type="conference-type"
           minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
         </xs:sequence>
         <xs:attribute name="state" type="state-type"
          use="optional" default="full"/>
         <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
        </xs:complexType>

Hence, the various "entry" elements are of type "conference-type",  
which means they represent, in principle, complete conference objects.  
This said, nothing prevents from putting just the conf URI inside the  
returned conference-type objects (none of their child elements is  
mandatory...).

Simon