Subject: Re: [XCON] I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-examples-03.txt

From: "Duddy, Sean (Sean)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:49:50 -0000

We need simple sidebar use cases in the examples doc. Specifically, it
is not clear how the following can be achieved via CCMP.

1. Move a user from parent conference to sidebar. It is not clear from
the examples as to what point Bob's audio is part of the new sidebar...
2. Move a user from a sidebar back to the parent.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Duddy, Sean (Sean) 
Sent: 17 February 2010 17:50
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [XCON] I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-examples-03.txt

Hi All,
	I am wondering do we need some simpler sidebar example(s)? Or
what is the suggested CCMP operations to move a particpant from the main
conference to a sub conference.

I am thinking the following CCMP operations can do it:-

1. sidebarByValRequest CREATE operation is sent to create sidebar 2.
userRequest CREATE operation is sent to add user to sidebar conference.

I assume moving a user from the parent conference to a sidebar should be
done using steps 1 & 2 followed by a userRequest DELETE on parent
conference 

I am just wondering do we need the sidebar(s)By*Request at all for the
update and delete operations? 
I think once the sidebar is created, it can be manipulated like the
parent conferences using the confRequest operations....

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 17 February 2010 16:45
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-examples-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title           : Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol
(CCMP) Call Flow Examples
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xcon-examples-03.txt
	Pages           : 85
	Date            : 2010-02-17

This document provides detailed call flows for the scenarios documented
in the Centralized Conferencing (XCON) Framework and the XCON Scenarios.
The call flows document the use of the interface between a conference
control client and a conference control server using the Centralized
Conferencing Manipulation Protocol (CCMP).  The objective is to provide
a base reference for both protocol researchers and developers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-examples-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.