Subject: [XCON] Comments in XCON CCMP

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:28:04 +0100

Based on a quick glance through the document, these are identified in the -11 version.

Section 5.1:

   confUserID:  An optional parameter containing the XCON-USERID of the
      client.  The XCON-USERID is used to identify any conferencing
      client within the context of the conferencing system and it is
      assinged by the conferencing server at each conferencing client
      who interacts with it.  The "confUserID" parameter is REQUIRED in
      the CCMP request and response messages with the exception of the
      case of a user who has no XCON-USERID and who wants to enter, via
      CCMP, a conference whose identifier is known.  In such case, a
      side-effect of the request is that the user is provided with an
      appropriate XCON-USERID.  An example of the above mentioned case
      will be provided in Section 5.3.6.

"assinged" --> "assigned".

Section 5.3.12:

   The <standard-message-list> MUST appear in the optionsResponse and
   MUST NOT be void, since a CCMP server MUST be able to handle at least
   one of the standard messages in at least one of the envisioned
   operations, i.e. the aforementioned list MUST carry at least one
   <standard-message> containing at least one <operation> element.

I think this has overdone the RFC 2119 language (3 "MUST" and 1 "MUST NOT") to the extent that I don't understand parts of it. Trying to disect it I get:

The CCMP server MUST include the <standard-message-list> containing at least one <operation> element in the optionsResponse.

Is there anything else here that should be RFC 2119 language?

regards

Keith