Subject: [XCON] FYI: work of interest at OASIS

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 14:14:44 -0600

This work at OASIS might be of interest to folks in the XCON WG.

(Given the scope, it might also be of interest to WGs and lists such as
CALSIFY, CLUE, SIMPLE, VCARD, and XMPP, but XCON seems most relevant.)

/psa

------ Forwarded Message
From: Chet Ensign <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:37:45 -0700
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>
Subject: [icom] 30-day Public Review for Integrated Collaboration Object
Model for Interoperable Collaboration Services Version 1.0, Committee
Specification Draft 01

The OASIS Integrated Collaboration Object Model for Interoperable
Collaboration Services (ICOM) TC [1] members have recently approved a
Committee Specification Draft (CSD) and submitted this specification for
30-day public review:

     Integrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM) for Interoperable
Collaboration Services Version 1.0
     Committee Specification Draft 01 / Public Review Draft 01
     16 March 2011

Specification Overview:
     The Integrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM) for Interoperable
Collaboration Services standard defines a framework for integrating a broad
range of domain models for collaboration activities in an integrated and
interoperable collaboration environment. The framework is intended to enable
seamless transitions across collaboration activities. For example,
applications can aggregate conversation threads in email with other
conversations on the same topic in instant message, over the phone or via
real-time conferencing, by discussion threads in community forum, weblog or
micro blog, and activity stream of participants from all channels. ICOM
encompasses and improves on a range of models which are part of existing
standards and technologies. The framework lowers the barrier for independent
software vendors and open source communities to integrate collaboration
services and to create collaboration tools that offer seamless user
experience for diverse collaboration activities with minimal context
switching.

Public Review Period:
     The public review starts today, 19 May 2011 and ends 18 June 2011.

     This is an open invitation to comment. OASIS solicits feedback from
potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not, for
the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of its technical
work.

URIs:
     The prose specification document and related files are available here:

Editable Source (Authoritative):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/icom/icom-ics/v1.0/csprd01/icom-ics-v1.0-csprd01.
doc

HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/icom/icom-ics/v1.0/csprd01/icom-ics-v1.0-csprd01.
html

PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/icom/icom-ics/v1.0/csprd01/icom-ics-v1.0-csprd01.
pdf

Other specification artifacts:
     Additional information about the specification and the OASIS OASIS
Integrated Collaboration Object Model for Interoperable Collaboration
Services TC may be found at the TC's public home page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/icom/

     Comments may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use of
the OASIS TC Comment Facility which can be located via the button labeled
"Send A Comment" at the top of the TC public home, or directly at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/form.php?wg_abbrev=icom

     Comments submitted by TC non-members for this work and for other work
of this TC are publicly archived and can be viewed at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/icom-comment/

     All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback
License, which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same
obligations at least as the obligations of the TC members. In connection
with this public review of 'Integrated Collaboration Object Model (ICOM) for
Interoperable Collaboration Services Version 1.0', we call your attention to
the OASIS IPR Policy [2] applicable especially [3] to the work of this
technical committee. All members of the TC should be familiar with this
document, which may create obligations regarding the disclosure and
availability of a member's patent, copyright, trademark and license rights
that read on an approved OASIS specification. OASIS invites any persons who
know of any such claims to disclose these if they may be essential to the
implementation of the above specification, so that notice of them may be
posted to the notice page for this TC's work.

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS Integrated Collaboration Object Model for Interoperable
Collaboration Services TC
     http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/icom/

[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/icom/ipr.php
     http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php#s10.2.3
     RF on Limited Terms Mode IPR Mode

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-378-3472
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen
Facebook:  http://facebook.com/oasis.open

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php

------ End of Forwarded Message