Subject: [XCON] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5239 (4120)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:51:21 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5239,
"A Framework for Centralized Conferencing".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5239&eid=4120

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>

Section: 8.4

Original Text
-------------
   ...
   A media session within a conferencing system can have any number of
   floors (0 or more) that are represented by the conference identifier.
   When using SDP offer/answer exchange to negotiate a floor control
   connection with the focus using the call signaling interface, the
   unique conference identifier is contained in the 'floorid' SDP
   attribute, as defined in [RFC4583], e.g., a=floorid:1 m-stream:10 .
   Each 'floorid' attribute, representing a unique floor, has an
   'm-stream' tag containing one or more identifiers.  The identifiers
   represent individual SDP media sessions (as defined using 'm=' from
   SDP) using the SDP 'Label' attribute, as defined in [RFC4574].

Corrected Text
--------------
   ...   
   A media session within a conferencing system can have any number of
   floors (0 or more) that are represented by the conference identifier.
   When using SDP offer/answer exchange to negotiate a floor control
   connection with the focus using the call signaling interface, the
   unique conference identifier is contained in the 'floorid' SDP
   attribute, as defined in [RFC4583], e.g., a=floorid:1 mstrm:10 .
   Each 'floorid' attribute, representing a unique floor, has an
   'mstrm' tag containing one or more identifiers.  The identifiers
   represent individual SDP media sessions (as defined using 'm=' from
   SDP) using the SDP 'Label' attribute, as defined in [RFC4574].

Notes
-----
In section 6 of the RFC4583 the ABNF for the "floorid" attribute is: floor-id-attribute = "a=floorid:" token [" mstrm:" token *(SP token)]

The text string "mstrm" is used to reference the media stream rather than "m-stream" that appears in this section.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5239 (draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : A Framework for Centralized Conferencing
Publication Date    : June 2008
Author(s)           : M. Barnes, C. Boulton, O. Levin
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Centralized Conferencing
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG