Subject: [Xml-sg-cmt] Fwd: Heather's notes on implementation draft decisions, from 25 July 2019

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 18:40:10 +0100

Re-sending the notes from Heather's decisions on raised issues.

After I sent this the first time, Robert and I went through existing issues
both in the xml2rfc datatracker and I think the 7991-bis tracker and updated
issues based on the notes.

I have also updated draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes with
each decision, captured in the notes for each mentioned issue, so given how
hard the PDFs in the attached messages are to read, it's probably easier to
refer to the annotations in the latest version of that draft:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes-12

If you search that draft for "Heather's" you'll find resolution and a mention
of "20 Jul 2019" or "25 Jul 2019", which corresponds to the PDFs in the attached
messages.

	Henrik

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Heather's notes on implementation draft decisions, from 25 July 2019
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 18:14:07 +0200
From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
To: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>, Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>, John Levine <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Forwarding the 2 emails from Heather with her notes on decisions regarding
items in draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes-09, from the
meetings Heather, Alice and I had on 20th and 25th July 2019 in Montreal
(IETF 105)

The annotations were made on an iPad, and don't show up in all PDF readers.

The PDF in "First marked up copy" is a single very long unpaginated PDF,
with notes with bad resolution in the right-hand margin, starting at
section 2.1.

The PDF in "Second marked up copy" is paginated, and annotation start in
the right-hand margin of section 3.1.22.

For me, Safari shows the annotations; Preview does not.

I'll document these in the next version of the implementation notes draft.

Best regards,

	Henrik

Subject: First marked up copy
From: Heather Flanagan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Alice Russo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 15:14:07 -0400

Sent from my iPad

Subject: Second marked up copy
From: Heather Flanagan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Alice Russo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 15:13:23 -0400

(I need to forward the first marked up copy separately

Sent from my iPad

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 10:42:29 -0700

Thans, Henrik, this is helpful and timely. I'll dig into this ASAP.

---

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Jan 2021 12:57:40 -0500

> Thans, Henrik, this is helpful and timely. I'll dig into this ASAP.

Likewise, later this week.

>> I'll document these in the next version of the implementation notes draft.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly