Subject: [Xml-sg-cmt] contact element

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 17:09:42 -0600

While going over our past meeting notes, I found this regarding the
contact element:

###

Strawman:

    Contact is valuable, let’s keep it in the grammar.
    Use it only / mainly in acknowledgements, contributors, list of IAB
members, IANA considerations, etc.
    RPC would not proactively add contact tagging at arbitrary places in
the document, but if authors wish to do so they are welcome to do so.
    In general don’t use it for organization names unless there is a
specific need to actually contact the organization for some reason.

Where to document this? 7991bis, xml2rfc-doc, style guide?

TODO: Sandy and John to write up guidance.

###

Did you two ever get a chance to write this up?

Peter

---

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Apr 2021 19:08:41 -0400

> Did you two ever get a chance to write this up?

Not yet.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly

---

From: Sandy Ginoza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:14:08 -0700

I was just replying to this as well.  

Sorry, this fell off my radar.  We’ll work on it! 

> On Apr 29, 2021, at 4:08 PM, John R Levine <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> -- 
> Xml-sg-cmt mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml-sg-cmt
>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 17:16:23 -0600

No worries, I had about 20 action items fall off my radar! :-)

BTW, I added this to the agenda for Monday:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/rfc-interest/5mDrCP5fU3lG5-ug5PL0QviQdcU/

---

From: Sandy Ginoza <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 23:47:17 -0700

Perfect - thanks!
Have a great weekend!

> On Apr 29, 2021, at 4:16 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:
>