Subject: [Xml-sg-cmt] possible v3 table enhancement?

From: Sandy Ginoza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 11:24:10 -0800

Hi,

This table <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9145.html#table-1> is from RFC 9145.  The HTML/PDF tables aren’t as clear as the text because there aren’t any column separators.  Perhaps a CSS request/enhancement?  

Thanks,
Sandy

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 09:14:22 -0600

Certainly doable with a minor css change.

Are we allowing changes to the css now, and is this the group that gets 
to make those changes? I think we have other minor changes in the queue, 
and IIRC Martin has suggested at least one all-out replacement.

RjS

On 12/13/21 1:24 PM, Sandy Ginoza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This table <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9145.html#table-1> is 
> from RFC 9145.  The HTML/PDF tables aren’t as clear as the text 
> because there aren’t any column separators.  Perhaps a CSS 
> request/enhancement?
>
> Thanks,
> Sandy
>
>
>
>
>
>

---

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Dec 2021 11:52:26 -0500

> Are we allowing changes to the css now, and is this the group that gets to 
> make those changes? I think we have other minor changes in the queue, and 
> IIRC Martin has suggested at least one all-out replacement.

RFC 7993 on the CSS says:

    The details included in this document are expected to change based on
    experience gained in implementing the new publication toolsets.
    Revised documents will be published capturing those changes as the
    toolsets are completed.  Other implementers must not expect those
    changes to remain backwards compatible with the details included in
    this document.

If we think we have ways to improve the CSS, I don't see any bar to doing 
so.

R's,
John

>> This table <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9145.html#table-1> is from 
>> RFC 9145.  The HTML/PDF tables aren’t as clear as the text because there 
>> aren’t any column separators.  Perhaps a CSS request/enhancement?