Subject: [xmpp] 3921bis: Roster Get Result conflict w/ roster ver

From: Paul Aurich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:16:28 -0800

Section 2.1.6 reads, in part:
   If there are no contacts in the roster, then the server MUST return
   an IQ-result containing a child <query/> element that in turn
   contains no <item/> children (e.g., the server MUST NOT return an
   empty <iq/> stanza element).

I understand the intention of this, but it conflict with the Roster
Versioning section (2.6.2), which requires a response to be either the
full roster -or- an empty <iq/> stanza.

On a much smaller note, section 2.6 references RFC 3921 as a whole twice
(it looks like these sections were lifted directly from XEP-0237).  The
latter of these [c|sh]ould just reference section 2.1.6.

~Paul

---

From: Jiří Zárevúcky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 01:26:36 +0100

>    empty <iq/> stanza element).

That's right.

> full roster -or- an empty <iq/> stanza.

I don't see any conflict. Can you please be more specific?

---

From: Paul Aurich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:33:47 -0800

> I don't see any conflict. Can you please be more specific?

Nevermind, I misparsed the parenthetical in 2.1.6.

~Paul

---

From: Jiří Zárevúcky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 01:50:55 +0100

> Nevermind, I misparsed the parenthetical in 2.1.6.

Thought so. Happens to me all the time. :)

(missed this part before)
> On a much smaller note, section 2.6 references RFC 3921 as a whole
> twice (it looks like these sections were lifted directly from
> XEP-0237).  The latter of these [c|sh]ould just reference section
> 2.1.6.

Good catch. I've never noticed that.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:33:17 -0700

> latter of these [c|sh]ould just reference section 2.1.6.

Fixed in my working copy.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/