Subject: [xmpp] Pending iq stanzas

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 12:31:19 -0800

I am new to XMPP, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Purely from an RFC 3920(bis) point of view, is there a limit to the number of
pending iq stanzas?  i.e. is it possible to send multiple iq with type get or
set, without having to wait for the matching iq type error or result before
sending the next one?

Thanks.

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org

---

From: Waqas Hussain <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 01:51:01 +0500

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> set, without having to wait for the matching iq type error or result before
There is no such limit, and you can send multiple iq queries without waiting
for a response. The requirement is that the receiving entity respond with an
error or result.

For details:
http://xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-04.html#stanzas-semantics-iq

--
Waqas Hussain