Subject: [xmpp] 3920bis: preparing for WGLC

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:20:03 -0600

Given that we have a milestone of sending 3920bis and 3921bis to the
IESG by August 2010, I've been working to prepare these specs for
working group last call (WGLC). As document editor, here is my current
thinking...

1. We need to separate the last calls in time because these specs are so
large.

2. Given that 3921bis depends on 3920bis, it makes sense to do 3920bis
first, followed by 3921bis.

3. I think that both documents are nearly ready for WGLC.

4. I'm planning to publish version -08 of 3920bis by May 7, which is the
version that I expect will be ready for WGLC. To prepare this version I
shall thoroughly review the entire spec (including text, examples,
schemas, alignment with various RFCs and XEPs referenced in the spec,
etc.). Feel free do the same if you're so inclined. :)

5. After WGLC has started on 3920bis, I shall similarly prepare a
WGLC-ready version of 3921bis.

6. If all goes well, we can complete WGLC on 3920bis by the end of May
and complete WGLC on 3921bis by the end of June, thus leaving July and
perhaps part of August for IETF Last Call (yes, I realize that IETF 78
happens in late July, so we'll need to plan around that, too).

Feedback is welcome as always.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/