Subject: [xmpp] BCP on SSL/TLS certificates

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:46:27 -0600

Dear XMPP WG,

Today, Jeff Hodges and I finally pushed out version -04 of our proposed
BCP on SSL/TLS certificates:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-04

This is meant to be a very practical set of best practices about the
implementation and deployment of certificate-based SSL/TLS for all
manner of application protocols (including XMPP). The meat of the
document is only 14 pages, so I hope that some XMPP folks will have time
to read it -- especially because it is a normative reference from
draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis so we need this to advance before 3920bis can be
approved!

Please send feedback to the [email-masked] list:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/certid

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/