Subject: [xmpp] editorial: where to put the schemas

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:41:15 -0700

A long time ago in a working group far far away, we moved the schemas
for the 'jabber:client' and 'jabber:server' namespaces from the core
spec to the IM and presence spec (probably because they contain some
details about the markup of messages and presence). However, I think
they belong in the core spec because we reference them in text about
resource binding, content namespaces, stanza re-scoping, etc. If there
are no objections, I'll move them before publishing revised I-Ds tonight
(that would leave only the roster schema in 3921bis).

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Matthew Wild <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:49:57 +0000

> (that would leave only the roster schema in 3921bis).

No objections. I noticed it last night when I was looking for them,
and wondered why on earth they were in 3921bis.

I'm now dutifully sweeping such issues under the carpet to keep you
and our patient chairs happy. :)

Matthew

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:59:40 -0700

> and our patient chairs happy. :)

Why, that's awfully sweet of you. ;-)

But it's been bothering me for a long time, too, and this is my last
chance to fix it...

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:06:14 -0700

> But it's been bothering me for a long time, too, and this is my last

I didn't really like the separation in the first place, either.  And trying to explain to people that you need to look at 3921 for things mentioned in 3920 was odd.

+1000 on putting the schemas back in 3920bis.

- m&m