Subject: [xmpp] RFC 6120 4.9.1.2 and stream errors _before_ the initial header was send

From: Alexander Holler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 15:44:47 +0200

Hello,

I think the wording in RFC 6120 4.9.1.2 should be changed from

'If the error is triggered by the initial stream header, ...'

to

'If the error is triggered before or by the initial stream header, ...'

The following case just happened here:

Client sends a </stream:stream> after SSL negotiaton but with without 
sending an initial <stream:stream> (for the restarted stream).

If the server wants to send back an informational and correct error 
message, it should have to send an <stream:stream> <error/></stream:stream>.

This just would leave open the question which data the stream tag should 
have, maybe just the 'from' and 'xmls' attributes (because it doesn't 
know what it should use as 'to'.

Regards,

Alexander

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:10:50 -0600

> know what it should use as 'to'.

Thanks, I'll take this under advisement when we revise RFC 6120.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/