Subject: [xmpp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-xmpp-dna-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 20:59:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Domain Name Associations (DNA) in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
        Authors         : Peter Saint-Andre
                          Matthew Miller
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xmpp-dna-07.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2014-10-11

Abstract:
   This document improves the security of the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP) in two ways.  First, it specifies how to
   establish a strong association between a domain name and an XML
   stream, using the concept of "prooftypes".  Second, it describes how
   to securely delegate a service domain name (e.g., example.com) to a
   target server host name (e.g., hosting.example.net), which is
   especially important in multi-tenanted environments where the same
   target server hosts a large number of service associated with
   different domains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-dna/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xmpp-dna-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-xmpp-dna-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 22:00:53 -0600

Just a copy edit to update and improve the text here and there...

On 10/11/14, 9:59 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xmpp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xmpp
>

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://andyet.com/

---

From: Philipp Hancke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 00:40:34 +0200

5.2. (POSH) doesn't currently describe the "matching rules for comparing 
the client's verification material against the server's proof".

Can you add some text (similar to the one in 5.1) for the sake of 
conforming to the formal prooftype model defined later?

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:23:50 -0700

> the client's verification material against the server's proof".

What about §3.3 of the POSH I-D?

> conforming to the formal prooftype model defined later?

Sure. :-)

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://andyet.com/