Subject: [xmpp] RFC 7395 on An Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) Subprotocol for WebSocket

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:16:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7395

        Title:      An Extensible Messaging and Presence 
                    Protocol (XMPP) Subprotocol for WebSocket 
        Author:     L. Stout, Ed.,
                    J. Moffitt,
                    E. Cestari
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 36795
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7395.txt

This document defines a binding for the Extensible Messaging and
Presence Protocol (XMPP) over a WebSocket transport layer.  A
WebSocket binding for XMPP provides higher performance than the
current HTTP binding for XMPP.

This document is a product of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:54:14 -0600

Good work Lance, Jack, & Eric!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7395 on An Extensible Messaging and Presence 
Protocol (XMPP) Subprotocol for WebSocket
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:16:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

         RFC 7395

This document is a product of the Extensible Messaging and Presence 
Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://andyet.com/