Subject: [xmpp] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-xmpp-6122bis-23: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 01:42:10 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-xmpp-6122bis-23: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-6122bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for this operation-related sentence, based on Dan Romascanu's
review:
   Because it is
   possible that previously-valid JIDs might no longer be valid (or
   previously-invalid JIDs might now be valid), operators of XMPP
   services are advised to perform careful testing before migrating
   accounts and other data (see Section 6.1 of
   [I-D.ietf-precis-saslprepbis] for guidance).