Subject: [xmpp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-xmpp-dna-10.txt> (Domain Name Associations (DNA) in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:32:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Extensible Messaging and
Presence Protocol WG (xmpp) to consider the following document:
- 'Domain Name Associations (DNA) in the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP)'
  <draft-ietf-xmpp-dna-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Please note that this draft has a normative reference to the XMPP Standards Foundation XEP 0220.

Abstract

   This document improves the security of the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP) in two ways.  First, it specifies how to
   establish a strong association between a domain name and an XML
   stream, using the concept of "prooftypes".  Second, it describes how
   to securely delegate a service domain name (e.g., example.com) to a
   target server host name (e.g., hosting.example.net), which is
   especially important in multi-tenanted environments where the same
   target server hosts a large number of domains.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-dna/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-dna/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.