Subject: [xmpp] RFC 7622 on Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Address Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 11:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7622

        Title:      Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP):
                    Address Format 
        Author:     P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 60008
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6122

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xmpp-6122bis-24.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7622

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7622

This document defines the address format for the Extensible Messaging
and Presence Protocol (XMPP), including support for code points
outside the ASCII range.  This document obsoletes RFC 6122.

This document is a product of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC