Subject: [xmpp] XMPP Completes

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 12:38:21 -0500

Hi,

With the recent approval of the posh and dna drafts, xmpp has completed 
all of it's milestones. The working group will now close. The mailing 
list will remain open in case there is need of further discussion of 
those drafts as they go through the RFC editing process.

I want to thank everyone for the work over the years. The group has been 
around for a long time, and undergone many changes. Kudos to all those 
who stuck around for the ride.

Thanks!

Ben.

---

From: Kim Alvefur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 21:34:32 +0200

Hi!

With the WG closing, I'd like to draw some attention to the dropped
end-to-end encryption goal, as a wild ProtoXEP appeared:

http://conversations.im/omemo/

-- 
Kim "Zash" Alvefur

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 16:21:05 -0500

Certainly. If we find momentum to work on e2e xmpp crypto in the IETF, 
we will find or make a place to do the work, whether that means 
restarting the working group or something else.

Thanks for reminding us :-)

Ben.

On 12 Sep 2015, at 14:34, Kim Alvefur wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> xmpp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xmpp