Subject: [xrblock] I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:55:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCP XR Report Block for Discard Count metric Reporting
	Author(s)       : Geoff Hunt
                          Alan Clark
                          Glen Zorn
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-06-28

Abstract:
   This document defines an RTCP XR Report Block that allows the
   reporting of a simple discard count metric for use in a range of RTP
   applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:06:06 +0800

> http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-04

[Qin]: Here is the update based on the comments we received so far during WGLC.
The changes to the previous version are:
a. Change metric name from 'Discard metric' into 'Discard Count metric';
b. Clarify why use 2 bit for Interval Metric flag;
c. Update section 2.1 to include the other reason that cause discard.
d. Modify SDP parameter in section 4 to get in line with the metric name.
e. Update the description of Discard Type field to allow report the totaol number of discarded packet.