Subject: [xrblock] Unclear paragraph in draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-13

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 14:35:41 +0300

Hi,

the following paragraph, in draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-13, is a
bit unclear:

   In case of Discard Count Metrics Block sent together with Burst Gap
   Discard Metrics Block defined in [BGDISCARD] to the media sender or
   RTP based network management system, information carried in the
   Discard Count Metrics Block and Burst Gap Discard Metrics Block
   allows them calculate the some bust gap summary statistics, e.g., gap
   discard rate.

Authors, could you please fix it (i.e., clarify it) so that I can
initiate an IETF LC on this draft?

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 01:02:54 +0000

Hi, Gonzalo:
We believe you are referring to "them" in this paragraph not clear.
"them" is corresponding to "media sender or RTP based network management system"
in this paragraph.
So how about the following change:
OLD TEXT:
"
   In case of Discard Count Metrics Block sent together with Burst Gap
   Discard Metrics Block defined in [BGDISCARD] to the media sender or
   RTP based network management system, information carried in the
   Discard Count Metrics Block and Burst Gap Discard Metrics Block
   allows them calculate the some bust gap summary statistics, e.g., gap
   discard rate.
"
NEW TEXT:
"
   In case of Discard Count Metrics Block sent together with Burst Gap
   Discard Metrics Block defined in [BGDISCARD] to the media sender or
   RTP based network management system, information carried in the
   Discard Count Metrics Block and Burst Gap Discard Metrics Block
   allows systems receiving the report to calculate the some bust gap 
   summary statistics, e.g., gap discard rate.
"
Hope this clarifies.

Regards!
-Qin & Glen
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gonzalo Camarillo
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 7:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [xrblock] Unclear paragraph in draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-13

Hi,

Thanks,

Gonzalo
_______________________________________________
xrblock mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xrblock

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 01:15:07 +0000

One small change to the proposed text:
s/systems receiving the report/systems receiving the blocks

-----Original Message-----
From: Qin Wu 
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 9:03 AM
To: 'Gonzalo Camarillo'; [email-masked]
Cc: 'Glen Zorn'
Subject: RE: [xrblock] Unclear paragraph in draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-13

Hi, Gonzalo:

Regards!
-Qin & Glen
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gonzalo Camarillo
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 7:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [xrblock] Unclear paragraph in draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-13

Hi,

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 08:54:35 +0300

Hi Qin,

thanks for the clarification. Additionally, I would fix the language of
that paragraph (prepositions, articles, verbs, typos, ...). Something
along these lines:

   When a Discard Count Metrics Block is sent together with a Burst Gap
   Discard Metrics Block (defined in [BGDISCARD]) to the media sender or
   RTP based network management system, the information carried in the
   Discard Count Metrics Block and the Burst Gap Discard Metrics Block
   allows systems receiving the blocks to calculate burst gap
   summary statistics (e.g., the gap discard rate).

Feel free to edit the text if there is something you do not like.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 06:20:22 +0000

Hi, Gonzalo:
Your proposed change looks good to me, I will implement this change into this draft.
Thanks.

Regards!
-Qin
-----Original Message-----
From: Gonzalo Camarillo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:55 PM
To: Qin Wu
Cc: [email-masked]; Glen Zorn
Subject: Re: [xrblock] Unclear paragraph in draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-13

Hi Qin,

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 11:15:48 +0300

Thanks for your quick response, Qin. I have just requested an IETF LC
for this draft.

Cheers,

Gonzalo