Subject: [xrblock] RFC 7380 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI) Decodability Statistics Metrics Reporting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 17:31:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7380

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended 
                    Report (XR) Block for MPEG2 Transport 
                    Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI) 
                    Decodability Statistics Metrics Reporting 
        Author:     J. Tong, C. Bi, Ed., R. Even,
                    Q. Wu, Ed., R. Huang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22440
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-psi-decodability-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7380.txt

An MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS) is a standard container format used in
the transmission and storage of multimedia data.  Unicast/multicast
MPEG2 TS over RTP is widely deployed in IPTV systems.  This document
defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) block
that allows the reporting of MPEG2 TS decodability statistics metrics
related to transmissions of MPEG2 TS over RTP.  The metrics specified
in the RTCP XR block are related to Program Specific Information
(PSI) carried in MPEG TS.

This document is a product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC