Subject: [xrblock] I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 09:22:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Considerations for Selecting RTCP Extended Report (XR) Metrics for the WebRTC Statistics API
        Authors         : Varun Singh
                          Rachel Huang
                          Roni Even
                          Dan Romascanu
                          Lingli Deng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-02-28

Abstract:
   This document describes monitoring features related to media streams
   in Web real-time communication (WebRTC).  It provides a list of RTCP
   Sender Report, Receiver Report and Extended Report metrics, which may
   need to be supported by RTP implementations in some diverse
   environments.  It also defines a new IANA registry, a list of
   identifiers for the WebRTC's statistics API.  These identifiers are a
   set of RTCP SR, RR, and XR metrics related to the transport of
   multimedia flows.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 22:47:37 +0200

Hi all,

The -01 draft incorporates the changes discussed at IETF 91.
- new registry defined for WebRTC Statistics API
- added the SR and RR metrics, which were earlier in
draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-stats-registry
- changed the TitleCased identifiers to camelCase, to keep consistency with
the W3C document.

OPEN ISSUE (burst metrics):
The document currently defines two sets of burst metrics
- Section 6.7: Reports cumulative packets in a burst and the corresponding
burst counts.
- Section 6.8.: Reports the average fraction of packets lost in a burst/gap.

>From section 6.7, we can infer the average burst of packet loss/discards by
dividing the total_packets_lost_in_burst/burst_count.
>From section 6.8, we can infer the impact of the burst packet loss, i.e.,
total_burst_loss/totel_expected_packets/burst_count

Do we keep both? or pick one?

Thoughts and comments on the open issue and the document in general are
appreciated.

Regards,
Varun (on behalf of the authors)

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 7:22 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This draft is a work item of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.
> _______________________________________________
> xrblock mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xrblock

-- 
http://www.callstats.io