Subject: [xrblock] [Errata Rejected] RFC6958 (4424)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:50:02 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC6958,
"RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Burst/Gap Loss Metric Reporting".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6958&eid=4424

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2015-07-21
Rejected by: Alissa Cooper (IESG)

Section: 3.1

Original Text
-------------
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |            Packets Lost in Bursts             |    Total...   |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      | ...Packets Expected in Bursts |    Number of Bursts   | Sum of|
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                ...Squares of Burst Durations (ms-squared)     |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Corrected Text
--------------
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |            Packets Lost in Bursts             |    Total...   
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
           Packets Expected in Bursts |        Number of Bursts       |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                Sum of Squares of Burst Durations (ms-squared)  
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       ...    |                    reserved                           |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Notes
-----
The packet format on Section 3.1 shows 12 bits,  however 
section 3.2 defines the \\\\"Number of bursts\\\\" as a 16 bits 
length field.

Relevant text from Section 3.2 pasted below:

  Number of Bursts: 16 bits

    The number of bursts in the period of the report (Interval or
    Cumulative).

    The measured value is an unsigned value.  If the measured value
    exceeds 0xFFFD, the value 0xFFFE MUST be reported to indicate 
    an over-range measurement.  If the measurement is unavailable, 
    the value 0xFFFF MUST be reported.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
   There is an error in the report. The reporter will report a new corrected errata.

--------------------------------------
RFC6958 (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-burst-gap-loss-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Burst/Gap Loss Metric Reporting
Publication Date    : May 2013
Author(s)           : A. Clark, S. Zhang, J. Zhao, Q. Wu, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework RAI
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG