Subject: [xrblock] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6958 (4524)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 16:58:59 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6958,
"RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Burst/Gap Loss Metric Reporting".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6958&eid=4524

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.2

Original Text
-------------
  Number of Bursts: 16 bits

    The number of bursts in the period of the report (Interval or
    Cumulative).

    The measured value is an unsigned value.  If the measured value
    exceeds 0xFFFD, the value 0xFFFE MUST be reported to indicate
    an over-range measurement.  If the measurement is unavailable,
    the value 0xFFFF MUST be reported.

Corrected Text
--------------
  Number of Bursts: 12 bits

    The number of bursts in the reporting period (Interval or
    Cumulative).

    The measured value is an unsigned value.  If the measured value
    exceeds 0xFFD, the value 0xFFE MUST be reported to indicate
    an over-range measurement.  If the measurement is unavailable,
    the value 0xFFF MUST be reported.

Notes
-----
This was discussed on the mailing list after the Prague meeting and agreed at the Yokohama meeting.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6958 (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-burst-gap-loss-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Burst/Gap Loss Metric Reporting
Publication Date    : May 2013
Author(s)           : A. Clark, S. Zhang, J. Zhao, Q. Wu, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework RAI
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG