Subject: [xrblock] Rearranging the fields in the loss concealment report.

From: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:21:30 +0900

Hi Rachel,

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Varun Singh <[email-masked]> wrote:
> For making the parser easier, could the optional part of the packet be
> at the end?

I should have explained this in more detail in my email. my proposal
was to change the report block from:

    0               1               2               3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    BT=VLC     | I | V |  RSV  |       block length            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                         SSRC of Source                        |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                       Impaired Duration                       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                      Concealed Duration                       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                  Mean Frame Freeze Duration (optional)        |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    MIFP       |    MCFP       |     FFSC      |     Reserved  |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

to the following:
In this case the optional 32-bits are set at the bottom of the packet.

    0               1               2               3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    BT=VLC     | I | V |  RSV  |       block length            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                         SSRC of Source                        |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                       Impaired Duration                       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                      Concealed Duration                       |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    MIFP       |    MCFP       |     FFSC      |     Reserved  |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                  Mean Frame Freeze Duration (optional)        |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Regards,
Varun

---

From: "Huangyihong (Rachel)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 01:37:12 +0000

Hi Varun,

I don't have strong opinion on this. The change does not affect the meaning or terminology of the block at all except for parsing purpose. But do we need to change it before submitting to IESG if the proposal is agreed in the WG? I think we were already agreed to submit 05 to IESG in yesterday's meeting. 

BR,
Rachel

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Varun Singh [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2015年11月6日 9:22
收件人: Huangyihong (Rachel)
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: Rearranging the fields in the loss concealment report.

Hi Rachel,

> For making the parser easier, could the optional part of the packet be 

I should have explained this in more detail in my email. my proposal was to change the report block from:

    0               1               2               3

to the following:

    0               1               2               3

Regards,
Varun