Subject: [xrblock] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6958 (4525)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 17:07:04 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6958,
"RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Burst/Gap Loss Metric Reporting".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6958&eid=4525

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.1

Original Text
-------------
      0               1               2               3               4
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |     BT=33     |   Reserved    |      Block length = 4         |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                       SSRC of Source                          |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |       begin_seq               |          end_seq              |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |  Post-repair loss count       |     Repaired loss count       |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Block length: 16 bits

      This field is in accordance with the definition in [RFC3611].  In
      this report block, it MUST be set to 4.  The block MUST be
      discarded if the block length is set to a different value.

Corrected Text
--------------
      0               1               2               3               4
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |     BT=33     |   Reserved    |      Block length = 3         |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                       SSRC of Source                          |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |       begin_seq               |          end_seq              |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |  Post-repair loss count       |     Repaired loss count       |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Block length: 16 bits

      This field is in accordance with the definition in [RFC3611].  In
      this report block, it MUST be set to 3.  The block MUST be
      discarded if the block length is set to a different value.

Notes
-----
The block length is calculated and indicated incorrectly in two places: the packet format and the definition of the block length.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6958 (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-burst-gap-loss-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Burst/Gap Loss Metric Reporting
Publication Date    : May 2013
Author(s)           : A. Clark, S. Zhang, J. Zhao, Q. Wu, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework RAI
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG