Subject: [yaco-wgchair-tracker] Testdrive comments

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 09:56:47 +0200

Hi,

I have tried out the alto chair credentials and have the following comments.

On page:
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/streams/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/edit/state/

The drop down list in 3. has RG state related actions, despite of it
being an IETF stream document. That doesn't make a lot of sense. I
expect to only see IETF stream WG choices.

This also leads to the question of how the stream is set. Automatically
or can it be changed by the WG chair?

Also, the state change button is not clear from a glance that it will
save also the comment and the annotation.

If one forgets a comment it refuses to go on, that is fine. However, I
see that the state drop down has forgotten my previous input, when
highlighting the comment field.

I also don't see how I can set the intended status field. As a WG chair
I might want to override what the document currently says for capturing
consensus decisions to go for some other state.

I also got the following error when going back using the "Return to
document view":
Error; cannot read (draft-ietf-alto-protocol,05,html)

Having gone back to
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/doc/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/

I am missing an easily accessible link to go back to the WG list.
Following the left side WG menu seems a bit complex. I guess the
question is why the WG datatracker meny isn't avaiable on this page.

I also wonder why the tasks of the shepherd isn't connected to the
document, rather as part of managing shepherding. The write up is
clearly a task related to a document, not the one of assigning the a
shepherd to a document.

If I bring up:
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/doc/draft-dulinski-alto-inter-alto-protocol/

Why can't I enter state on this document? As a WG chair I need to enter
notes on individual ones.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Emilio A. Sánchez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:38:05 +0200

> expect to only see IETF stream WG choices.

    This one is very strange. This draft is in the correct stream (IETF) 
and group (alto) but is using the workflow of the IRTF Stream.

    alto group is the one I always use for testing from the beginning of 
the project so probably I mess something doing tests. I have fixed it by 
hand.

> or can it be changed by the WG chair?

    The tool tries to set the stream automatically for drafts on the 
IETF stream but the only users allowed to change a draft from one stream 
to another are secretariat user.

    The only stream change that could do a WG chair is in a draft that 
does not belong to any stream. Then you could take it to the IETF stream 
and into your group with a call for adoption.

> save also the comment and the annotation.

    I'll add a help message like the one in the update tags button.

> highlighting the comment field.

    Good point. This need to be fixed.

> consensus decisions to go for some other state.

    You don't see the intended status field cause in the IRTF workflow 
there are no transitions defined.

    Now that I fix the draft workflow you can see buttons to perform 
state transitions.

> Error; cannot read (draft-ietf-alto-protocol,05,html)

    This error is cause in the beta server we don't have the draft 
contents (neither txt, neither html). Nothing to be worried about in our 
testings.

> clearly a task related to a document, not the one of assigning the a

    This is fixed by adding the manage shepherd and manage writeup links 
in the document view.

> notes on individual ones.

    This was an important bug [1]. First the access requirements to edit 
a draft state were to strict. You can not edit the state of this draft 
cause it doesn't belong to your WG. This is fixed and a 'first time' 
form have been introduced so you can get a draft raising a call for 
adoption.

> Magnus Westerlund

    Best,

[1] http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/642

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:39:19 +0200

Thanks for the response.

Regarding this comment.

>> question is why the WG datatracker meny isn't avaiable on this page.

You didn't comment on this issue. As I see it I would like to see the
bar that starts with "Documents" on http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/wg/alto/

Also on the individual documents page, like:
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/doc/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/

I think this bar should be present.

The same applies to the change status pages for the documents
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/streams/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/edit/state/

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund