Subject: [yaco-wgchair-tracker] WG Chair Tracker question: What info to display in the "Status" column ?

From: Ed Juskevicius <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:13:12 -0400

Hi.  This is a meta-question.

On the several pages of the beta WG Chairs' Datatracker, the word "Status"
is used as a column heading.  Several instances of this appear on:
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/wg/alto/

I am writing this to ask for some clarification of what information will be
displayed in the "Status" column for an I-D.

I am asking because the full display of status of a WG I-D that has been in
existence for a while will have at least two different classes of status
information, and possible a third category as well.  These are:

1)  I-D Availability status:  for example, "active" versus "expired"
2)  WG status:  for example, "WG Document", or "In WG Last Call", or "Dead"

and some I-Ds may (in addition to the above) also have

3)  IESG state:  e.g.  "AD Followup: Revised ID Needed"

Which of the above types of status information will be displayed in the
column called "status" ?

I know that all of these can be found by diving down to the
document-specific status info, for example at:
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/doc/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/

Thank You ...

Ed  J.