Subject: [yaco-wgchair-tracker] Testing notes / Henrik / March 17

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 12:35:58 +0100

Hi,

Here are some notes from my first go at the WG Chairs extension to the
tracker, available at http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/wg/eai/ :

Bugs:

  * I find no link that gives me the opportunity to edit the state of a WG
    document.  This makes it a bit hard to test things ,;-)

Flaws:

  * Once it's possible to find the state edit view, it should probably 
    also include the possibility to edit the annotation tags -- tags
    editing should not be on a separate page.

Nits:

  * The "ID Exists" state is a synthetic state which is shown in some
    contexts just to indicate that no other state information is available
    (for instance in TSV formats, where you want to put *some* info into
    a field for readability and easier parsing).  We don't need it here,
    however; it will confuse things more than it helps as we go forward.

  * The IETF Stream state boxes in http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/wg/eai/
    are a bit too verbose, and the box around the state is slightly
    distracting.  I suggest removing the box, and simplifying the state
    text:
    - The stream information is orthogonal to the state information; it
      should probably get its own column.
    - The state information consists of two parts: which state machine it
      refers to (RFC-editor, IESG, WG, and in the future others).  Maybe
      indicate the state machine first, in small letters, followed by
      the state and annotation tags.  Maybe something like this?:

	--+---------+-------------------------------------+--
	  | RFC-Ed. . Auth 48                             |  
	  | IESG    . Sent to RFC-Ed.                     |  
	  | WG      . Submitted to IESG for Publication   |  
	--+---------+-------------------------------------+--
	  | WG      . WG Document::Author or Editor Needed|  
	--+---------+-------------------------------------+--
	  | WG      . In WG Last Call                     |  
	--+---------+-------------------------------------+--
	  |         .                                     |  

  * The '(Default WG Workflow)' indication adds noise and it isn't worth
    it to show it.

That's it for now.

Best,

	Henrik