Subject: [yaco-wgchair-tracker] More testdrive comments

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:41:16 +0200

Hi,

1. Regarding
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/wg/alto/management/shepherds/draft-ietf-alto-reqs/

When one likes to change shepherd, it would be helpful if one had a drop
down with the persons that has rights for this WG. As you anyway have to
add shepherds to the WG, then that should be avaialble and prevent a
user to request new accounts for your co-chair or secretary if you use
the wrong address.

2. http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/wg/alto/management/shepherds/
For a document I are assigned to be shepherd I am missing a simple way
to get to the document page for the assigned document.

In the same spirit, I don't understand why I can't get to the
shepherding page from
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/streams/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/edit/state/
or
http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/doc/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/

3. On page http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/doc/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/
The layout at least in Firefox 4.0 the distance between "change state"
and the line below with "Email Authors" is to tight, there should be a
bit more space.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Emilio A. Sánchez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:24:45 +0200

Hi Magnus, thank you for all the testing you are doing.

> user to request new accounts for your co-chair or secretary if you use

    I don't quite understand what persons are "the persons that has 
rights for this WG". I suppose you are talking about the WG Secretaries 
or the WG Delegates.

    One requirement of the project was that a WG Chair could add any 
person as a Shepherd even if he/she has no previous relation with the WG.

> http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/doc/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/

    You are right. Right now the document link in the shepherds list 
points to a view to manage its shepherd. I think its better if we add an 
'Edit shepherd' link and allow the document link to point to the 
document view.

    In the other hand we can add the edit shepherd links in the document 
view.

> and the line below with "Email Authors" is to tight, there should be a

    Fine, I'll add a bit of space trough css.

> Cheers

    We have all the morning full of meetings that are getting longer and 
longer. This evening I'll address these issues and the ones in the 
previous mail of Magnus and report the results at the end of the day.

    Best,

> _______________________________________________
> yaco-wgchair-tracker mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yaco-wgchair-tracker

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:50:44 +0200

> rights for this WG". I suppose you are talking about the WG Secretaries 

Yes.

> person as a Shepherd even if he/she has no previous relation with the WG.

I fully understand that. But in most case you will select someone that
already has been added. Thus as a big convenience would be to have a
drop down for those, and of course the capability to add new ones.

>     In the other hand we can add the edit shepherd links in the document 

Hmm, maybe both are the right answer if it isn't to difficult?

>     Fine, I'll add a bit of space trough css.

Thanks.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: "Emilio A. Sánchez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:59:21 +0200

>> El 30/03/11 12:41, Magnus Westerlund escribió:

...

> Hmm, maybe both are the right answer if it isn't to difficult?

    There is no difficult in applying both :)

    Best,