Subject: [yaco-wgchair-tracker] Fwd: Re: Testdrive comments

From: "Emilio A. Sánchez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:23:02 +0200

Sorry, I send this email directly to Magnus instead of the mailing 
list. I forward it and in the next mail I'll forward the reponse of Magnus.

    BTW, thank you Magnus to notify me the error :)

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: Re: [yaco-wgchair-tracker] Testdrive comments
Fecha: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:00:10 +0200
De: "Emilio A. Sánchez" <[email-masked]>
Para: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>

    Hi Magnus,

El 31/03/11 13:39, Magnus Westerlund escribió:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Regarding this comment.
>
> "Emilio A. Sánchez" skrev 2011-03-30 21:38:
>>
>>> Having gone back to
>>> http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/doc/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/
>>>
>>> I am missing an easily accessible link to go back to the WG list.
>>> Following the left side WG menu seems a bit complex. I guess the
>>> question is why the WG datatracker meny isn't avaiable on this page.
>>>
>
> You didn't comment on this issue. As I see it I would like to see the
> bar that starts with "Documents" on http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/wg/alto/
>
> Also on the individual documents page, like:
> http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/doc/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/
>
> I think this bar should be present.
>
> The same applies to the change status pages for the documents
> http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/streams/draft-ietf-alto-protocol/edit/state/

    I'll understand your point of view but I don't know if its really a
good option. The bar you are talking about is rendered cause you are
viewing a WG (when you are in http://beta.wgchairs.yaco.es/wg/alto/).
Then the bar shows you the option of this WG.

    In the other urls you are not 'inside' a WG. You are in a document
view and I'm not sure if the WG bar is consistent in there.

    It can be done cause we can get the WG the draft belongs to and
render the bar if you have the required privileges. But I think these
issue needs more discussion and opinions.

    Best,

> Cheers
>
> Magnus Westerlund
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
> Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
> SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Emilio A. Sánchez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:26:53 +0200

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: Re: [yaco-wgchair-tracker] Testdrive comments
Fecha: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:13:10 +0200
De: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Para: "Emilio A. Sánchez" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Did you intentionally drop the mailing list? IF not please forward your
email to the mailing list. You may forward this one.

See below.

> view and I'm not sure if the WG bar is consistent in there.

well, the documents are associated with a WG, and as WG chair you are
likely are working on a number of documents within the WG at the same
time. So you like to get back to the WG you started out when clicking
the document view.

> issue needs more discussion and opinions.

Sure, that is fine. However, I would observe that during yesterdays demo
for the WG chair, at least the presenter Margaret Wasserman also run
into this problem that there are no convinient way back from a document
to the WG.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund