Subject: [yaco-wgchair-tracker] Lack of clarity in how to find the comment log

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:54:33 +0200

Hi,

My Co-chair and I have just started using the tracker for real in one of
my WG's (AVTEXT) and based on our chair discussion and setup I do have
some comments:

1. It is less that obvious where the comment and history log for a
particular draft is. I just happened to stumble on that the "+" in the
"IETF Stream :: ..." box actually brings it up. Could one have something
clearer, at least on the document page?

2. I thought it less than obvious that you where forced to set an
annotation, like the "Other" to be able to add a comment to the tracker.
Having learned that you must do this to be able to add a comment I can
live with it, but I wanted to gripe a bit over it. Especially as one
that has used the IESG data tracker where you can submit only comments.

3. When it comes to the annotations. I am clearly missing a "revised ID
needed" annotation that aren't said to be related to WG external bodies
or the WG last call.

4. Another WG internal annotation that may make sense is "review
needed". Or this assumed to be always applicable as long as the WG
document are in development?

5. I will also take the opportunity to repeat my comment from earlier. I
am missing a link back to the WG document overview from the individual
documents. Now it is either the fold out menu on the left, or spend high
value space estate for links to the WGs that I handle frequently in my
browser link bar.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------