Subject: [yam] Deployment report for RFC 1652

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:05:29 -0700

The deployment report for RFC 1652 is in the the Wiki at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/yam/trac/wiki/DeployReports  Thanks to 
Tony Hansen, Alexey Melnikov, John Levine and Ned Freed for providing 
the information.  If you have any comments about the deployment 
report, please post them to the mailing list.

Alexey Melnikov (as a participant) noted that the report doesn't seem 
to cover clients though, unless we count MTAs as clients.  But some 
MTAs always downconvert and don't speak 8BITMIME on the client side.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
YAM WG Secretary

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:40:19 -0700

I removed the last sentence from the deployment report for RFC 1652 
[1] based on feedback from Dave Crocker.  I moved the report to a 
separate page [2]

>Alexey Melnikov (as a participant) noted that the report doesn't 
>seem to cover clients though, unless we count MTAs as clients.  But 
>some MTAs always downconvert and don't speak 8BITMIME on the client side.

As a participant, I'll mention that MTAs can act as SMTP clients or 
SMTP servers.  There are some MTAs that do not speak 8BITMIME on the 
client side.  And there are some MTAs that do not down-convert.  That 
does not affect RFC 1652 or the deployment report.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/yam/trac/wiki/DeployReports
2. http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/yam/trac/wiki/DeployReport1652