Subject: [yam] #8: RFC 5321 Section 4.1.1.3 Recipient: missing text

From: "yam issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:18:07 -0000

#8: RFC 5321 Section 4.1.1.3 Recipient: missing text
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  sm+ietf@…                    |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                        |   Milestone:     
Component:  5321bis-smtp-pre-evaluation  |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                            |    Keywords:     
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Comment about RFC 5321 posted by Alessandro Vesely on 12 Nov 2009

 Section 4.1.1.3 Recipient: missing text.
 I don't have specific text to propose here, but I'd recommend relegating
 some or all of the text meant to illustrate source routes to an historical
 appendix. Instead, I would move here the discussion on failed recipients
 (both 4xx and 5xx cases), which I currently find difficult to locate.

 Rationale: Banning source routes had been a hot issue at the time of the
 DRUMS. Nowadays, non-existence of source routes could simply be implied by
 the fact that they are not mentioned in the Full Standard.

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00164.html

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/yam/trac/ticket/8>
yam <http://tools.ietf.org/yam/>