Subject: [yam] Notes (i.e., decisions taken) in WG session

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:22:31 +0900

Hums

Disband: 0
1-step: 1
Try 1-step and 2-step same time: 0
Continue 2-step: 4 (+1)

5322 first: 3
5321 first: 3
both: 3

Whatever is ready, go.

pr

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:34:05 -0800 (PST)

> Whatever is ready, go.

Pete, while I appreciate the information about the WG session, especially since
AFAIK neither a session summary nor any minutes have been posted to the list, I
think we need to follow proper proceure here.

A hum was taken at a F2F on a matter of fundamental importance to the group:
What to do next. My understanding of proper procedure is that the question
should then be taken to the list for further discussion and in order to check
and see if the consensus on the list is the same as in the room. (And if it
isn't, the list wins.)

My main concern here is that I've seen zero attention paid to the point I
raised, which is quite simply that the one thing the 1652bis experiment showed
is that sufficient technical review of the material isn't occurring. More
specifically, at least two significant technical errors were present in the
1652bis proposal and neither the WG nor the IESG caught them. Given how small
and straightforward 1652bis is, this is NOT a good sign.

Now, I personally don't give a crap if the WG decides on a one, two, or twenty
step process as long as it appears to be doable in a reasonable time frame. I
also don't care about document processing order. What I do care about is fixing
up the various small issues that inevitably creep in over time and getting
things advanced on the standards track. And I remain to be convinced that the
current path we have tentatively selected intersects with either of those
goals.

				Ned

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:25:29 -0600

> and see if the consensus on the list is the same as in the room. (And 
Your humble note taker and hum counter agrees completely, and hangs his 
head in shame that he worded the sense of the room the way he did. I 
leave it to the chair to make clear what is being asked of the list and 
to confirm (or disconfirm) the consensus of the list.

pr