Subject: [yam] #10: RFC 5321 3.9: add tiny subsection

From: "yam issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:20:48 -0000

#10: RFC 5321 3.9: add tiny subsection
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  sm+ietf@…                    |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                        |   Milestone:     
Component:  5321bis-smtp-pre-evaluation  |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                            |    Keywords:     
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Comment about RFC 5321 posted by Alessandro Vesely on 12 Nov 2009

 Section 3.9: add tiny subsection
 I know that adding sections is considered out of topic, but propose this
 change in order to reflect the structure of the protocol more clearly. I
 tentatively number the new subsection as "0", to maintain the current
 numbering of the other two; thus the proposed layout would be:

  3.9 Forwarding
   3.9.0 Backup MX
   3.9.1 Alias
   3.9.2 List

 Rationale: Those three subsection would match the available operations on
 the envelope's addresses: 0=unchanged, 1=change recipient(s) only,
 2=change both recipient(s) and sender (the remaining logical possibility,
 change sender only, is not considered in the protocol.)

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00164.html

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/yam/trac/ticket/10>
yam <http://tools.ietf.org/yam/>