Subject: [yam] Consensus Call: YAM WG meeting at IETF76

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 23:46:09 -0800

At the YAM WG meeting at IETF76, the Working Group Chair took two 
Consensus Calls.

A. The following questions were asked to determine the next step for 
the YAM WG:

   1. Who wants to disband?

   2. Who wants to flat out switch to one-step process whether
      we do a recharter or skip the recharter?

   3. Who wants to follow Alexey's original suggestion of doing
      a comparison step with two documents, one that does a
      one-step process and the following does a two-step process?

   4. Who wants to continue with the two step process for the
      next couple of documents?

The first and third questions did not get any votes.  There was one 
vote for the second question and four votes for the fourth question.

B. The Chair asked for a raise of hands on doing:

   1. RFC 5322 only

   2. RFC 5321 only

   3. Both RFC 5321 and RFC 5322

There was three votes for each of the questions.  The Working Group 
Chair ruled that there was no consensus.  If you have any objections, 
please post them to this mailing list.

This is to confirm that there is consensus within the YAM WG to 
continue with the two step process for the next couple of 
documents.  In your reply, please state whether you support the 
consensus or whether you disagree with it, and if so why.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
YAM WG Secretary

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:49:08 +0000

> please post them to this mailing list.

I think we need to pick one, or at least agree that whichever gets done 
first will be processed first.

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 10:08:45 -0800

Hi Alexey,
At 04:49 06-12-2009, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>I think we need to pick one, or at least agree that whichever gets 
>done first will be processed first.

The preliminary evaluation document for RFC 5321 [1] is already 
available.  I suggest doing it first.  We can start the WGLC once the 
revised I-D is posted.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
YAM WG Secretary

1. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-yam-5321bis-smtp-pre-evaluation-01