Subject: [yam] I-D Action:draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 23:30:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Yet Another Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SMTP Service Extension for 8-bit MIME Transport
	Author(s)       : J. Klensin, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-01-17

This memo defines an extension to the SMTP service whereby an SMTP
content body consisting of text containing octets outside of the US-
ASCII octet range (hex 00-7F) may be relayed using SMTP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:55:32 -0800

> 	Title           : SMTP Service Extension for 8-bit MIME Transport

Folks,

This implements the changes specified in the 'pre-evaluation' document.

I'd appreciate some review for coherence and correctness.

Also, I classed all of the References as normative.  Let me know if you think 
any should be informative.  (Please also check that I got the references correct.)

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:27:29 -0800

Hi Dave,
>This implements the changes specified in the 'pre-evaluation' document.

I read the draft again.  From Section 2:

   "The syntax of the value is as follows, using the ABNF notation of
    [RFC5322]:"

In draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis-pre-evaluation-02, it was decided to:

   "Add reference to [RFC5234].  Use it to replace reference to
    [RFC0822].  This is for ABNF specification."

There would be only three downward references instead of four if RFC 
5322 is replaced with RFC 5234.

Regards,
-sm