Subject: [yam] #23: RFC 4409 definitions

From: "yam issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:09:25 -0000

#23: RFC 4409 definitions
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sm+ietf@…                |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:     
Component:  pre-evaluation-template  |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                        |    Keywords:     
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Message posted by Alessandro Vesely on Jun 12, 2010:

 section 2.1 of the submission spec defines the three MSA, MTA, MUA
 acronyms.  These definitions are often expanded for explaining the
 corresponding concepts to end users, e.g. on Wikipedia.  IME, there is
 still confusion.  For example, users tend to think that an MSA or an MTA
 may be included in a MUA; I'm not sure why.

 For example, I would change

  A process that conforms to [SMTP-MTA].  An MTA acts as an SMTP server to
 accept messages from an MSA or another MTA, and either delivers them or
 acts as an SMTP client to relay them to another MTA.

 to

  A process that conforms to [SMTP-MTA].  An MTA is a fully-capable
  SMTP server. It accepts messages from an MSA, another MTA, or a MUA
  not conforming to these specifications, and either delivers them or
  acts as an SMTP client to relay them to another MTA.

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00473.html

 Comments:
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00474.html
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00478.html
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00480.html
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00482.html
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00484.html
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00485.html
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00486.html
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00487.html

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/yam/trac/ticket/23>
yam <http://tools.ietf.org/yam/>

---

From: "yam issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:27:49 -0000

#23: RFC 4409 definitions
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  sm+ietf@…                      |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                         |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                          |   Milestone:     
Component:  4409bis-submit-pre-evaluation  |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:     
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
Changes (by sm+ietf@…):

  * component:  pre-evaluation-template => 4409bis-submit-pre-evaluation

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/yam/trac/ticket/23#comment:1>
yam <http://tools.ietf.org/yam/>