Subject: [yam] I-D Action:draft-ietf-yam-4409bis-submit-pre-evaluation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Yet Another Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Preliminary Evaluation of RFC 4409 "Message Submission for Mail", for advancement from Draft Standard to Full Standard by the YAM Working Group
	Author(s)       : R. Gellens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-yam-4409bis-submit-pre-evaluation-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-06-27

This memo is a preliminary evaluation of RFC 4409 "Message Submission
for Mail" for advancement from Draft to Full Standard.  It has been
prepared by the The Yet Another Mail Working Group.

THIS INTERNET DRAFT IS NOT MEANT TO BE PUBLISHED AS AN RFC, BUT IS
WRITTEN TO FACILITATE PROCESSING WITHIN THE IESG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-yam-4409bis-submit-pre-evaluation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:21:42 +0200

> This draft is a work item of the Yet Another Mail Working Group of the IETF.

Nice one.

However, the two related issues, #22 and #23, are not mentioned.

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:44:28 -0400

Nice work Randall.

Under section 2.3 Implementation and Operational Experience, it might be 
worth mentioning that industry groups such as MAAWG explicitly recommend 
the use of Submit instead of port 25.

That's the only item I thought of as I read it.

     Tony Hansen
     [email-masked]