Subject: [yam] STD 71, RFC 6152 on SMTP Service Extension for 8-bit MIME Transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:47:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 71        
        RFC 6152

        Title:      SMTP Service Extension for 8-bit 
                    MIME Transport 
        Author:     J. Klensin, N. Freed,
                    M. Rose, D. Crocker, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13034
        Obsoletes:  RFC1652
        See Also:   STD0071

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6152.txt

This memo defines an extension to the SMTP service whereby an SMTP
content body consisting of text containing octets outside of the
US-ASCII octet range (hex 00-7F) may be relayed using SMTP.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Yet Another Mail Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC