Subject: [yam] Status of draft-ietf-yam-4409bis-submit

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 23:49:34 -0700

Dear YAM WG,

draft-ietf-yam-4409bis-submit-pre-evaluation-00, submitted in July 
2010, contains a preliminary evaluation of RFC 4409 (Message 
Submission for Mail).  The I-D discusses changes and non-changes that 
the YAM WG proposes to make in a revision.

Given that RFC 4409 is a document that this working group has been 
working on and there has been a preliminary evaluation, I'll ask John 
Klensin and Randall Gellens to work on 
draft-ietf-yam-4409bis-submit.  Some of the references may have to be 
updated as STD 71 has been published.

John Klensin emailed the YAM WG Chairs about adding some text which 
discusses about encoding conversions.  The change is related to the 
work currently being done in the EAI WG. I suggest that John Klensin 
sends the proposed text to the YAM mailing list.  The YAM WG can then 
decide on whether the proposed text should be incorporated in a 
revision of RFC 4409.

If there is any objection to the above, please send it to the YAM mailing list.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
YAM WG co-chair