Subject: [yam] Shutting down YAM

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 21:33:29 -0700

Hello,

The YAM working group has been on hiatus for the past year because of 
the two-track proposal.  Tony asked the following question during the 
IETF 81 YAM session :

  - The two-track hasn't been adopted; should we continue to wait?
  - or do we just shut down?

The sense of the room was to shut down the YAM working group.  The 
decision is being taken to the mailing list for confirmation.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
YAM WG co-chair (soon to be retired)

---

From: "J.D. Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:08:10 -0700

On Jul 26, 2011, at 9:33 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> The sense of the room was to shut down the YAM working group.  The decision is being taken to the mailing list for confirmation.

No objection.

--
J.D. Falk
the leading purveyor of industry counter-rhetoric solutions

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:22:05 -0400

>> The sense of the room was to shut down the YAM working group.  The decision is being taken to the mailing list for confirmation.

+1

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: Sabahattin Gucukoglu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 23:27:15 +0300

On 27 Jul 2011, at 07:33, S Moonesamy wrote:
> The YAM working group has been on hiatus for the past year because of the two-track proposal.  Tony asked the following question during the IETF 81 YAM session :
> 

Was there any discussion of what would happen in case it (two maturity levels) either drops out or occurs?  I don't mind, anyway.  We have already documented some of the changes needed for 5321BIS, and 5321 has taken the place of 2821.

Cheers,
Sabahattin

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Jul 2011 21:02:15 -0000

>Was there any discussion of what would happen in case it (two
>maturity levels) either drops out or occurs?  I don't mind, anyway.
>We have already documented some of the changes needed for 5321BIS,
>and 5321 has taken the place of 2821.

There was.  The sense I got was that if two-levels definitively doesn't
happen, we could charter a son-of-YAM group, but we'll burn that bridge
if and when we come to it.

R's,
John