Subject: [yang-doctors] claise.be/xym/line number/YANG module download => easier troubleshooting

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 23:10:51 +0200

Dear all,

I've been adding a new column to the report at 
http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html, where from you can 
download the extracted YANG module.
Lately, I received some concerns about the line number from the pyang 
output that could not easily match to the YANG module line number.
Indeed the pyang error line number is the one from the YANG module and 
not the IETF draft. This is specifically a concern with xpath issues.
On top of that, some people use rfcstrip as opposed to xym.py to extract 
the YANG modules from IETF dratf.

Along with the latest xym developments by Jan Medved (still working on 
it, so not yet in github), this should really ease the troubleshooting.
Typically, you check a YANG module(s) from a specific draft at 
http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html.
If you see a compilation error, you note the line number, download the 
extracted YANG module and you know directly where the error corresponds to.
 From there, you click on "Email Authors" and warn the authors of the 
mistake and related solution.
All this from a single page.

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:27:41 +0200

New xym.py now in github.
https://github.com/xym-tool/xym

Thanks Jan.

Regards, B.

> On top of that, some people use rfcstrip as opposed to xym.py to 
> extract the YANG modules from IETF dratf.
>
> _______________________________________________
> yang-doctors mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yang-doctors
> .
>