Subject: [yang-doctors] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-rfc6536bis-04

From: Radek Krejčí <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 08:02:08 -0700

Reviewer: Radek Krejčí
Review result: Ready with Nits

Hi,
I have been assigned to review draft-ietf-netconf-rfc6536bis as YANG Doctor.
The document is almost ready to publish, I have just the following few comments:

- section 1.1 Terminology - access control rule: s/protocol operation/access
operation/

- "NETCONF transport" is mentioned at several places within the draft and model
in connection with information about the user. What about the RESTCONF
transport, shouldn't it be also mentioned or (better) shouldn't it be changed
to a general transport of the protocols accessing the datastore?

- /nacm/rule-list/rule/rule-type in schema: I would consider to explicitely
state into which case the action and notification defined in data subtree
belong to. Especially the notification placement can be confusing at the first
sight since there is the "notification" case.

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 14:05:53 -0700

> - section 1.1 Terminology - access control rule: s/protocol
fixed

> to a general transport of the protocols accessing the datastore?

changed all NETCONF transport layer to just transport layer,
which was already used in several places

> sight since there is the "notification" case.
not sure what text this is about.
Do you have section, para or page/para info?

Andy

---

From: Radek Krejčí <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:29:13 +0200

> Do you have section, para or page/para info?

It's description of cases in rule-type choice (page 39 in draft). One of 
the cases is named "notification" which may be little confusing for 
notifications defined in data subtree. I propose the following change 
(or something similar) in the description of the data-node case:

... associated with the
data node controlled by this rule.

->

... associated with the
data node, action or notification (specified within a data tree)
controlled by this rule.

Radek