Subject: [yang-doctors] Fwd: YANG modules related tools.

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:15:28 +0200

Dear OPS chairs, YANG doctors,

Joe Clarke and I spent some time with the RTG chairs, explaining the set 
of YANG-related tools.
Hopefully, you will find this useful.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Dear all,

Thanks for the call today.
In terms of YANG modules extraction, validation, module details, impact 
analysis, tree view, regular expression validation, we have some tools 
for you.
Remember that YANG modules alone, without tooling and related module 
details (metadata), is not sufficient. And timing to finalize the 
specifications is key.
All these tools are available from yangcatalog.org

_Extraction, 3 sources of information_
     #1 datatracker: ex: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-acee-netmod-rfc8022bis/ => YANG 
validation
             it provides both the extraction and validation errors/warnings
     #2 http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html => the one I 
use on a daily basis
     #3 http://www.yangvalidator.org/ => need to be updated

The most complete set of information comes from 
http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html
It is used as input for the "module details" in the yangcatalog.org

_Module Details (Metadata)_
     ex: 
https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/module_details.php?module=ietf-routing-2
     All metadata are documented 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clacla-netmod-model-catalog-01

_Impact Analysis_
https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php
https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=ietf-routing-2
https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=ietf-routing&recurse=0&rfcs=1&show_subm=1&show_dir=both

_Tree View:_
     ex: 
https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/yang_tree.php?module=ietf-routing-2

_Regular Expression_
http://www.yangcatalog.org:5000/yangre/
     This is work in progress and will be posted to yangcatalog.org
     The exact content of the YANG pattern

_NMDA compliant_
     Rob Wilton has a transition tool
https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/yang_tree.php?module=ietf-routing-2

_How to contribute?_
     Participate to the IETF hackathon to work on tools
     Share your (vendor, SDO, etc.) YANG modules:
https://www.yangcatalog.org/contribute.php
https://github.com/YangModels/yang

_Tools to create an IETF draft?_
     There are tools, but not (yet) part of the yangcatalog.org
     More of a believer in a different way of working:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-claise-semver-01
         Semantic Versioning and Structure for IETF Specifications

For question on the yangcatalog.org?
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>.

For announcement on the yangcatalog.org?
subscribe 
<https://www.marcuscom.com/mailman/listinfo/yangcatalog-announce> to 
[email-masked]*.

Regards, Benoit.