Subject: [yang-doctors] automating yang doctor reviews

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 04:05:54 +0000

Doctors,

You may recall this thread from a year ago:

    https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/yang-doctors/DCfBqgfZPAD7afzeDFlQ1Xm2X3g <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/yang-doctors/DCfBqgfZPAD7afzeDFlQ1Xm2X3g>

I did engage the tools-team and others and no-one is interested in introduce a "container"
format.  I'm also on the 'git' WG list and people's attempt there to make a GitHub URL a
submittable resource is also being shutdown.

So I wrote a tool, `xiax`, to implement a variant of the original idea:

  - I-D: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kwatsen-git-xiax-automation-01 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kwatsen-git-xiax-automation-01>
  - PyPi: https://pypi.org/project/xiax <https://pypi.org/project/xiax>
  - GitHub: https://github.com/kwatsen/xiax <https://github.com/kwatsen/xiax>

It mostly works (I used it to generate the above I-D), but it has some rough edges and
hence well-deserving its "0.6" version status.  I was hoping to also use it to submit the
keystore+friends drafts, but time is running short for that kind of folly now.  But, when
done, then I think it will be close to 1.0 status, at least for drafts having YANG, NETCONF,
RESTCONF, XML, JSON -based content types...

In the meanwhile, I'm interested in hearing high-level comments about how it can be
improved as well as volunteers to help implement those improvements - pull requests
are welcomed!  ;)

Cheers,
Kent