Subject: Re: [yang-doctors] [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-13.txt

From: "Reshad Rahman (rrahman)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 21:49:07 +0000

Thank you Sandy for addressing the last round of comments. I didn’t re-review the whole document, just made sure that comments were addressed. They have all been addressed for the exception of examples. There are still no examples, I believe you should have a config example, an operational example (with sa-cache) and action examples (clear-peer and clear-sa-cache) and all examples have to match.

Regards,
Reshad.

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 8:36 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "Reshad Rahman (rrahman)" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Fw:[pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-13.txt

Hi,

13/14 version of MSDP YANG model has been submitted.

Please review the newest draft.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Sandy

原始邮件
发件人：[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
收件人：[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
抄送人：[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
日 期 ：2020年02月06日 08:18
主 题 ：[pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-13.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP)
        Authors         : Xufeng Liu
                          Zheng Zhang
                          Anish Peter
                          Mahesh Sivakumar
                          Feng Guo
                          Pete McAllister
    Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-13.txt
    Pages           : 29
    Date            : 2020-02-05

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model for the configuration and
   management of Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) Protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
pim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pim

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 08:08:38 -0800

Thanks Reshad!

Sandy:  Looks like this is the last set of significant changes.  I’ll
forward the document for IESG Evaluation as soon as the examples are added.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On February 7, 2020 at 4:49:11 PM, Reshad Rahman (rrahman) (
[email-masked]) wrote:

Thank you Sandy for addressing the last round of comments. I didn’t
re-review the whole document, just made sure that comments were addressed.
They have all been addressed for the exception of examples. There are still
no examples, I believe you should have a config example, an operational
example (with sa-cache) and action examples (clear-peer and clear-sa-cache)
and all examples have to match.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 08:41:28 +0800 (CST)

Hi Alvaro, Reshad, Tom,

Thank you very much for your reminder and suggestion!

I am working on this with Xufeng. We'll submit the new version as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Sandy

原始邮件

发件人：AlvaroRetana <[email-masked]>
收件人：Reshad Rahman (rrahman) <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;张征00007940;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
抄送人：[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
日 期 ：2020年02月22日 00:08
主 题 ：Re: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-13.txt

Thanks Reshad!

Sandy:  Looks like this is the last set of significant changes.  I’ll forward the document for IESG Evaluation as soon as the examples are added.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On February 7, 2020 at 4:49:11 PM, Reshad Rahman (rrahman) ([email-masked]) wrote:

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 18:10:58 +0800 (CST)

Hi Alvaro, Reshad, Tom, Xufeng,

Thank you very much for your help!

I updated the draft to version 15.

Hope this version does well. Appreciate for your review! :-)

Best regards,

Sandy

原始邮件

Thanks Reshad!

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:48:28 +0000

> Hope this version does well. Appreciate for your review! :-)

Looks good.

I would have made the reference to RFC4271 Normative but that is 
probably because I was so involved in its creation of that RFC so no big 
deal; I would not reissue it just for that - I am sure that the IESG 
will want plenty more:-)

I note that for all the addressees of this e-mail we seem to have lost 
Last Call; if that is the case than as and when this thread looks 
complete I would suggest forwarding a copy to Last Call so that that 
archive is complete.

Tom Petch

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 22:17:37 +0800 (CST)

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your review!

Because the usage referenced to RFC4271 is an optional leaf. I am not sure if it can be in informatinve reference.

If the rule is mandatory, I will change it. :-)

Thanks,

Sandy

原始邮件

发件人：tompetch <[email-masked]>
收件人：张征00007940;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
抄送人：[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
日 期 ：2020年02月26日 18:48
主 题 ：Re: [pim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-msdp-yang-13.txt

Looks good.

Tom Petch

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:39:54 +0000

> If the rule is mandatory, I will change it. :-)

I did look at YANG Guidelines before my last post and decided that it 
said that if the reference was Normative, it should be Normative but if 
it were not then it need not be.  Um, so I sat on the fence.

As I said, I would leave well alone for the time being.

Tom Petch