Subject: [yang-doctors] Last Call Reviews of documents associated with the change in the RFC Editor model

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 17:35:53 +0200

Hi,

I reviewed on behalf of the YANG Doctors team the four documents submitted
for comments associated with the change in the RFC Editor model. My reading
and review concerns only aspects related to documents related to YANG,
containing or refering to YANG models and the review process of these
documents.

Here are my findings and comments:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-carpenter-rfced-iab-charter-05

Ready

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rsalz-2028bis-05

Ready with Issues

The document is ready from the perspective of the YANG Doctors, with one
comment. The document does not mention in any place the role of the IETF
Directorates and review teams such as the YANG Doctors in the IETF
documents review process. As the reviews of these teams are part of the
process I suggest considering adding text, possibly in Section 3.

ttps://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosen-rfcefdp-update-2026-01
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosen-rfcefdp-update-2026-01>

Ready

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-11

Ready

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 18:18:52 +0100

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your review.  YANG and directorate reviews are part of IETF 
process.  This document does not address IETF process, but rather the 
evolution of the process that oversees the RFC series and RFC editor.

As such, IMHO discussing YANG reviews or directorate reviews is out of 
scope.

Regards,

Eliot

On 14.02.22 16:35, Dan Romascanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I reviewed on behalf of the YANG Doctors team the four documents 
> submitted for comments associated with the change in the RFC Editor 
> model. My reading and review concerns only aspects related to 
> documents related to YANG, containing or refering to YANG models and 
> the review process of these documents.
>
> The document is ready from the perspective of the YANG Doctors, with 
> one comment. The document does not mention in any place the role of 
> the IETF Directorates and review teams such as the YANG Doctors in the 
> IETF documents review process. As the reviews of these teams are part 
> of the process I suggest considering adding text, possibly in Section 3.
>

---

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 22:19:30 +0200

Hi Eliott,

My comment was made on
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rsalz-2028bis-05.

The title of this document is ''Entities Involved in the IETF Standards
Process'.The Abstract of this document says:

>    This document describes the individuals and organizations involved in

   the IETF standards process, as described in IETF BCP 9.  It includes
   brief descriptions of the entities involved, and the role they play
   in the standards process.

This kind of contradicts your statement:

> This document does not address IETF process, but rather the evolution of
the process that oversees the RFC series and RFC editor.

So I believe that my comment stands.

Regards,

Dan