Subject: [Yang-multicast] Fwd: [yang-doctors] claise.be/xym/line number/YANG module download => easier troubleshooting

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 23:14:00 +0200

FYI.

Regards, B.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[yang-doctors] claise.be/xym/line number/YANG module download 
=> easier troubleshooting
Date: 	Mon, 5 Sep 2016 23:10:51 +0200
From: 	Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
To: 	YANG Doctors <[email-masked]>
CC: 	Einar Nilsen-Nygaard (einarnn) <[email-masked]>, Per Hedeland 
<[email-masked]>, Jan Medved (jmedved) <[email-masked]>, 'Lou Berger' 
<[email-masked]>

Dear all,

I've been adding a new column to the report at
http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html, where from you can
download the extracted YANG module.
Lately, I received some concerns about the line number from the pyang
output that could not easily match to the YANG module line number.
Indeed the pyang error line number is the one from the YANG module and
not the IETF draft. This is specifically a concern with xpath issues.
On top of that, some people use rfcstrip as opposed to xym.py to extract
the YANG modules from IETF dratf.

Along with the latest xym developments by Jan Medved (still working on
it, so not yet in github), this should really ease the troubleshooting.
Typically, you check a YANG module(s) from a specific draft at
http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html.
If you see a compilation error, you note the line number, download the
extracted YANG module and you know directly where the error corresponds to.
  From there, you click on "Email Authors" and warn the authors of the
mistake and related solution.
All this from a single page.

Regards, Benoit

_______________________________________________
yang-doctors mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yang-doctors
.