Subject: [YANG] Re: [OPS-AREA] YANG mail list

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:19:35 +0200

On Friday 12 October 2007 11.03.56 Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> We have created the YANG mail list - [email-masked].
>
> This list discusses proposals for a data modeling language for NETCONF
> based on the YANG proposal.
>
> All interested in this topic please subscribe.

Greetings,

This maintains Dan's cross-posting, but perhaps responses should go to the 
yang list.

Just to provide some context here, since this may seem a bit 
out-of-the-blue...

I believe that there needs to be immediate and comprehensive work on 
a modeling language for NETCONF.  In fact, I believe that so strongly that 
I've been working with a group of people on putting together a proposal to 
fill exactly that hole.  It's well known now that our proposal (currently 
called YANG) has been under development since this last spring and that we 
have proposed a BOF about it in Vancouver.  The preliminary BOF proposal has 
been sent to our ADs and the draft will be available before too long (no 
later than the -00 cutoff :-)).  Stay tuned...

Cheers,

David

_______________________________________________
YANG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yang